[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing people in public
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Sketch194115657.png (180 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Sketch194115657.png
180 KB, 720x1280
Hi /ic/ I spilled water on my laptop while I was sleeping and now it doesn't work.

Do you think people will care if I draw them while they go about? Just gesture drawings. Do any of you go downtown to draw people?
>>
>>2548720
Is that your work?

I've done it a few times, people didn't seem to care. If you can find a window seat in a cafe or library or something that is a good spot.
>>
>>2548730
Yes it is, drawn on my phone.

Thanks.
>>
>>2548720
it's fine, just don't be creepy about it. don't make it obvious that you're drawing them, make it look as if you're looking past them and not staring. i'd imagine the only reactions you'll get will be positive
>>
>>2548720

Yea, it's really fun if you haven't done it before. I am really picky though and like to be against a wall so nobody can walk up behind me or see what I'm doing, but most people are really unobservant so you can be really close to them and they still won't notice, and it's quite easy to just seem like your writing or looking at something else. I've never been caught or felt uncomfortable. There's a food court in the office building I work at thats great for drawing the homeless.
>>
Don't draw any young girls. It's creepy.
>>
>>2548778
Yeah, draw young boys
>>
>>2548773
yea be careful around people that seem like they would complain you're not doing anything wrong but you're still invading peoples privacy so pick your models well
>>
>>2548781
was for>>2548778
sri
>>
>>2548720
I'd do it too, but I don't wanna make a shitty mess of gesture lines barely human-looking and walk around like I'm good.

People will think I'm retarded.
>>
be decent at drawing, if you are not people will just acusee you of being creepy, also dont stare that much
>>
>>2548720
I had to draw people at a coffee shop for a class project. Some girl saw me and got noticeable upset, closed her laptop, packed her shit, and left.
>>
>>2548720
I do this 2-3 times a week.
It really helped me improve my anatomy, expression, and fabric skills.
I'm not shy about it, I'll look right at the person while I'm drawing.
If they get curious I just tell them that I dig their coat and wanted to try to draw it... Or that I wanted to try and draw their hairstyle.
Or that I told myself that I couldn't leave till I drew 10 strangers.
I hand them a business card and explain that I'm practicing.
Most never notice I'm drawing them. Of the few that do and come over to ask about it... They have all been cool once I explain.
>>
File: AlMcWhiggin.jpg (21 KB, 288x248) Image search: [Google]
AlMcWhiggin.jpg
21 KB, 288x248
>>2551023
>>
>>2548720
Don't you have a petting zoo nearby?

>>2550799
This too, don't do it if you stink because you may get punched in the face.
>>
Draw them with big imaginary cocks, or draw them naked. Then ask them for crit.
>>
I'd be pretty creeped out if I noticed somebody drawing me. If you're gonna draw strangers in public, don't be a fucking autist about it.
>>
>>2551062
love it
>>
>>2551067

bruh, have you ever been punched in the face over it? Stop trying to push your autism on others.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.