[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Manga Studio 5 opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1440x900
What do you guys think of Manga studio 5?
>>
File: dex002.png (310 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
dex002.png
310 KB, 1024x1024
>>2544621
Been using it for 3 years, pretty good PS alternative. Not as comprehensive as PS in terms of image editing/manipulation, but it's a solid art program. Pic related done in MS5.
>>
>>2544621
I think manga studio's brush engine allows crisper and finer lineart than photoshop does. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
>>
>>2544621
>>2544646
I think manga studio / clip studio paint is even better than photoshop when it comes to stylized art. I stopped using photoshop completely.
>>
>>2544759
Also the new animation feature is pretty cool
>>
basically it's better for creating line art, a lot of the tools are far more intuitive and user friendly as well.The one thing I hate about manga studio though is the flip canvas option takes a long time to work for em for some reason even my pc is pretty high end.

If your a painter/photo bashing concept artist type art Photoshop is better.
>>
>>2544901
>flip canvas option takes a long time to work
That's not an issue I have with CSP. Something's up on your end.

I use CSP/MS5 for painting mainly and it's great. The only issues I have with it involve actual editing (color channels, transforming, etc) and the lack of custom specialized brushes available online. Even with those issues, CSP is just damn useful and lightweight. If they ever add a few of the more commonly used PS-exclusive tools, CSP would hands-down be the best art program available.
>>
>>2544901

There are two options to 'flip' the canvas. I'm assuming you want a horizontal flip for a fresh take on mistakes? If so, go into "View - Rotate/Invert - Flip Horizontal" instead of "Edit - Transform - Flip Horizontal."

This way, you are just flipping the view instead of flipping the actual layers. It should be instant ;)
>>
I use it and prefer it to photoshop personally, even if it lacks a few of PS's features. The brushes are quite good.
>>
I'm having trouble using large texture brushes around 300px for concepting backgrounds and shit on manga studio.
They lag to fuck and my PC should be able to do it fine, fairly high end.

anyone know a solution? do i just switch back to photoshop? I really want to use Manga studio but it's fairly limiting if I can't use large texture brushes.
>>
great for lineart and much of digital painting. blending's a dream. compared to PS, transformation tools are lacking, and the filters you can slap on at the end are greatly lacking. layers, groups, and masks will port neatly from one programs to the other so long as you save your ms5 piece as a psd, but text will auto-raster on the switch, so pick one program for that and stick to it.

got it legit on a mega sale, took a short while to figure out where everything was relocated, and now it's what i use for the majority of my stuff, with a endgame port to PS for futzing with the filters.
>>
>>2544621
Having tried Photoshop, Sai, and MangaStudio my favourite was MangaStudio. Definitely the best line art of the three, and the vector drawing is fantastic. I feel like it lacks the ability to do fine detail rendering without mastering the brushes however.
>>
>>2544621
Is it better than Photoshop and Lazy Nazumi combo?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.