[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok, so when are you going to upload the krenz cushart gumroad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1461782242687.jpg (92 KB, 650x919) Image search: [Google]
1461782242687.jpg
92 KB, 650x919
ok, so when are you going to upload the krenz cushart gumroad tutorials?

I've been waiting for weeks on end and It saddens me you guys not wanting to pirate it, like, I gave you one of the cgma courses and what do you give this anon when he doesn't have money uh? nothing! that's right
>>
File: krenz-cushart-160311.jpg (153 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
krenz-cushart-160311.jpg
153 KB, 900x636
>>2542032

They're probably not that great, all I want from Krenz is to see the fucking videos of him painting like pic related, just that, but I think they don't exist
>>
File: krenz-cushart-7[1].jpg (136 KB, 619x875) Image search: [Google]
krenz-cushart-7[1].jpg
136 KB, 619x875
https://gumroad.com/krenzcushart

>10 dollars minimum
>doesn't even include the cool pieces we want to see

fuck this guy
>>
>>2542032
I don't see how a tutorial would help anyone with this. It doesn't look like he's using any complicated technical functions you'd need to be taught. Most of his pictures seem to rely on his experience. He's picking colors and mixing them himself and probably using only one or two brushes throughout. A simple step by step probably wouldn't give much insight into how he makes his design decisions or rendering decisions if it's all as intuitive to him as it comes across to me.
>>
File: 1453505558499.jpg (61 KB, 736x466) Image search: [Google]
1453505558499.jpg
61 KB, 736x466
>>2542300
Krenz' tutorials are mostly about construction, or more specifically about turning figures, objects or whole scenes in space. There is surprisingly very little information about that subject from well known authors like Loomis, Vilppu, Hampton, Robertson and co.

That said, I don't own his gumroad tutorials either, so I have no idea if he actually lays out techniques to make this stuff easier to understand or if it's just him showing people how he does it.
>>
File: 1396940816824.jpg (76 KB, 550x403) Image search: [Google]
1396940816824.jpg
76 KB, 550x403
>>2542032
his process seems pretty basic desu. his work just stands out because he's good. not sure what new information you'd glean besides 'git gud at fundamentals and learn color'
>>
>>2542032
>10$
>>
>>2542404
that's still pretty straightforward
this might help you guys, idk
https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/590355340731920386

one thing that helped me a lot is actually animating the rotation of figures, it forces you to directly confront what you don't know and the feedback is immediate.
just do some quick and dirty rotations in http://flipbook.in/ or photoshop
>>
>>2542404

Uh, construction is pretty much all Vilppu, Hampton, Robertson et al. are teaching
>>
>>2542409
I know, but not that particular application of construction. At most, they teach the cube rotation exercise and that's pretty much it. Loomis has a chapter where he turns the human figure using that cube method, but they don't go much deeper, they don't show any actual techniques etc.

I'm not saying you need Krenz tutorials to learn that and these teachers do lay out the fundamentals that give you the basis for understanding it, but Krenz seems to have specialized in teaching this particular sub-category of construction much more in-depth than any established art fundamentals author that I know of.
>>
love to have any vids please
>>
>>2542448

Hogarth books go in depth about constructing the figure in different angles/perspectives as well, some people don't like his art but his techniques can't be beat.
>>
>>2542032
Is it possible to paint like this on Sai?
I am a poor man with no access to Photoshop.
>>
>>2543710
Yes it's possible in Sai, it's very basic in terms of techniques used as it's just opaque shapes.. Also there are ways to get photoshop for free.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.