[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some shitposter a while ago talked about anatomy books rather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: loomis_h&h_samples-2.jpg (464 KB, 1784x1181) Image search: [Google]
loomis_h&h_samples-2.jpg
464 KB, 1784x1181
Some shitposter a while ago talked about anatomy books rather than drawing.
Does someone have a recommendation? Some book that I can use for drawing.
Or is there any good drawing book that also specifies things like muscle, how flesh moves, how muscles contracts and shrink, etc. That stuff.
Sticky has nothing.
>>
Anatomy for the artist by Peck
>>
File: 1463849093088.png (166 KB, 280x418) Image search: [Google]
1463849093088.png
166 KB, 280x418
>>2537526
>>
>>2537522

Not a book, but the Proko anatomy course. How more specific do you need to be than learn what exact ribs the serratus anterior inserts to? He covers all that technical stuff while having a focus on the forms.
He uses a lot of 3d animations and footage of live models in motion to illustrate muscle deformation. That shit is most definitely not covered in any medical anatomy texts.
>>
>>2537522

Anatomy for sculptors from art book thread
>>
Best to study as many as you can rather than just 1 or 2.
>>
bridgman is another good source, since his books are aimed to illustrators.

medical anatomy books are meme tier, what you need is artistic anatomy to know what to exaggerate to better express your drawings

as anon said, dont just go to one book only, read several and study study study
>>
>>2537588
i can back this. i got the premium anatomy and it's a good complement to a good understanding of figure drawing first. just wish they didn't take so long putting out new videos, it will probably be another year or more until the full course is released
>>
>>2537663
Yeah. No shill, Proko is probably among the best modern instructors (his sometimes-bogus humor aside) and all of his content (besides from maybe the photo sets) are well worth the cost of admission.
>>
>>2537671
Why is he among the best though?
>>
>>2537673
It's his candor (his humor falls a bit flat at times, but in general it helps break the ice and keep what's a very dry subject from being too boring or daunting and he's very clear and articulate), his use of 3D models and animations paired with live models is a tremendous help you don't get really anywhere else I can think of either.
>>
>>2537673

Free atelier knowledge
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.