[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Critique my artwork
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (42 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 640x960
Is this a bad style for me to do art in? I have a few other styles I will post below too, critique me and give advice how to improve
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 809x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 809x640
>>
File: image.png (77 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 640x960
Fanart I made for rebel taxi
>>
File: image.png (89 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
89 KB, 640x960
More Rebeltaxi Fanart, this ones pretty odd but I like it
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 640x960
>>
>>2527661
you lack everything, read the sticky and beginner thread
>>
>>2527661
>>2527662
>>2527663
>>2527665
>>2527668
Needs more Loomis.
>>
Style will evolve naturally as you learn to draw. Style is also something that is flexible. Most artists have a few different 'styles' that they do stuff in, depending on what they need to do.

A lot of beginner artists focus so much on having a style, when what they really need to focus on is the basics of art. Learn anatomy, proportion, composition, and color theory. Having a solid understanding of these is fundamental. Not having them will make any 'style' essentially worthless, since it won't look good without an understanding of these principles. Even cartoony drawings rely on a sense of proportion and movement and fundamentals based on real life. You need to know the rules, first, and then you can break them responsibly.

Focus on learning how to draw realistically. Then you can exaggerate and build a style from there.
>>
>>2527693
bet you he complains that he doesn't want to go through the fundies
>>
Thank you everyone for your advice, I will try to learn the fundementals and look forward to learning anatomy and branching out. ^_^ once again thank you so much for your advice
>>
>>2527693
Thank you for the advice and taking the time to help me, this will really help me in the present and future
>>
>>2527661
Omg it's so cute
>>
Be poor and depressed
>>
>>2527720
Thank you ^~^
>>
I think you should be harder on yourself
>>
Please don't start an entire thread begging for critiques, there are other open threads right now where you could have done the same thing without taking up any space.
>>
>>2527661
Man, you do what you do and only other people can say its bad. Fucking just do what you like and what you can. That's art.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.