[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coloring Tut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Shimo_Yatagarasu.jpg (118 KB, 600x425) Image search: [Google]
Shimo_Yatagarasu.jpg
118 KB, 600x425
I'm trying to improve my coloring. Anybody knows a coloring tut that can match the style on the image I uploaded?

Thanks!
>>
>>2526774

>color pick
>laso tool/mask
>gradient

or watch the very long video of sycra's coloring tutorial on youtube. It helped me actually on my coloring foundation. If you know the foundation you can easily apply it to any coloring styles.

Even though we know sometimes sycras art sucks
>>
>>2526782
nice try sycra, nice try.
>>
>>2526774
>I'm trying to improve my [...]. Anybody knows a [...] tut that can match the style on the image I uploaded?

yeah, it's called study-the-image-you-uploaded
>>
>>2526774
styleos has some process images on his twitter and pixiv iirc
>>
To get that effect with the brown you probably want to have a flat brown layer on the bottom and then paint over it. Instead of blending with the brown you can just erase away at the blue that you put down.

This is just standard soft anime stuff, if you use sai the water brush is good for getting the gradients. Put colour down with a hard brush as if it were real paint and then blend it with the water brush.

Make sure to use the lasso or a hard eraser to ensure your painting doesn't turn into mushy amateur bullshit because there's no hard edges.
>>
>>2526782
>lazo tool
>Mask

>not using clipping
>>
>>2526808

I always wondered how many of those people have to draw in order to make a game or animation. Now I wonder if they somehow streamline the process and use filters over some 3D model or something, because drawing those by hand step by step must be very tedious and take long time.
>>
>>2526888
1990's pixel art style, using 3d filters? not! Of course they draw it tediously hand by hand. that's their especialty. They might use a picture reference or models.
>>
>>2526808
ty anon, I felt like my drawings laked movement, I know what I'll study today
>>
>>2526888
>drawing those by hand step by step must be very tedious and take long time.
welcome to art enjoy your stay
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 378x397) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
18 KB, 378x397
>>2526902
anons face
>>
File: disappointment2.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
disappointment2.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>2526902

>welcome to art

I don't like it one bit. It looks like shittiest thing one can do except maybe repurposing old electronics in one of those toxic chinese villages or carrying sulfur from Indonesian mine like in "Workingman's Death"
>>
>>2526774
watch some artists at work, eg "artgerm"
practise
google
>>
If you don't know the color wheel learn it. Not hard to learn but it is vital. Hell you can even see an orange tint in the left side sleeve, and the use of spit complimentary colors for the headband on the blue hair.
>>
>>2529202
>>2526774
some other essential reading

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/148355-translation-LINRAN-s-Light-and-Colour-Tutorial-Mini-tut-BIG-download!

http://huevaluechroma.com/
>>
>>2526888
>it takes time

well no shit sherlock
>>
>>2527172
what's the sauce on this?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.