[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lighting or no lighting? For my animation I'm going for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160518_015154.jpg (216 KB, 1024x1048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160518_015154.jpg
216 KB, 1024x1048
Lighting or no lighting?
For my animation I'm going for a flat MSpaint kind of feel. I like the lighting but think it takes too much away from the style.
Any ideas for a better way of lighting? I'm using Toon Boom.
>>
>>2526592
I would do without "lighting". I can't imagine those gradients look very good when it's animated either.
>>
>>2526592
Can I see it in motion?
>>
>>2526603
Here is a rough from this morning, there are some other videos if you can be willing to dig through my god awful Twitter. I'm on my phone so I can mess around with webms.

https://twitter.com/HugelDude/status/732586428216053760?s=09
>>
Probably best to have the characters cast a shadow on the ground instead, maybe make the shadow more binary to fit the style.
>>
Looks like Hejibits
>>
I like the upper one, looks very disney-like
>>
>>2526592
If you want to add "lighting" then at least try to do it right. In your case it just looks like paint from the wall have smeared off on them.
>>
>>2526592
No lighting. Using gradients in animation makes the flat 2Dness very apparent. It almost comes across as pillow-shading.
>>
File: elf magic.gif (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
elf magic.gif
2 MB, 800x450
>>2526592
why no cel shading? best choice for such style.
>>
>>2529731
sauce
>>
>>2529731
what a shit animation. How canher tits bounce if literally all of her body is motionless. Ttits bounce because your body moves and stop/goes back.
>>
>>2526592
neither
cel-shade
>>
>>2530416
can't you see that her upper torso is pretty much a spring and seems to stretch and contract every time he thrusts, except for her arms.
>>
>>2530416
wrong, sir. check newtons cradle for reference.
>>
>>2532308
Can some /sci/fag please explain why this makes no fucking sense
>>
>>2529731
I remember that thread...
>>
>>2532308
>>2532367

What he's trying to say is that the kinetic energy of the thrust would transfer from her...spine, I guess, to her tits. But that's bullshit because:

A. She's bending forward, with her tits hanging off of her body, so there wouldn't be a transfer of energy. Tits swinging like in the gif posted would only happen if the connection point between her tits and her torso actually changes position. Transferring energy in the way he's describing would be more like thumping a girl who's standing upright hard in between her shoulder blades.

B. Even discounting that for whatever reason, her tits don't have nearly enough mass to fully rob her of her kinetic energy anyways, considering the average density of mammary tissue.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.