[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to make human poses flow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: flow.png (43 KB, 779x418) Image search: [Google]
flow.png
43 KB, 779x418
People seem to be stiffer than animals. Animals are basically huge S curves everywhere, but people have those awkward shoulders and neck-to-head placement and weird hips. I want to draw people better, is there a way to make people feel more streamlined like animals?
>>
>>2526444
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>2526444
learn anatomy and stop drawing everything like salamanders
>>
Maybe I should have clarified, what I mean is, can people also "flow" when drawing them? I already learned anatomy, what I would like to learn is how to draw people and have it feel more natural.
>>
>>2526584
Yeah, you just have to start with a action line and a gesture.

Are you actually drawing animals with the same attention to anatomy that your people have? I feel if you were you'd be running into a similar problem.

The solution is to pay attention to anatomy, but be willing to bend it a little bit to get the movement that you want. Anatomy is important but when anatomy overrides movement, you get a stiff drawing.
>>
Not OP, but could someone post some drawings with good movement?
>>
>>2526616
> Are you actually drawing animals with the same attention to anatomy that your people have? I feel if you were you'd be running into a similar problem.

This is actually a really good point. And to answer your question, no, I haven't been drawing animals with the same attention to anatomy.

> Yeah, you just have to start with a action line and a gesture.

Could you post an example of this?
>>
>>2526633
I'll raise you one more and give you a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktfwayByRU
>>
>>2526633
just good gesture drawing
>>
>>2526656
*google
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.