[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Palette help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: final palette.jpg (1 MB, 3850x2176) Image search: [Google]
final palette.jpg
1 MB, 3850x2176
So I'm making a palette and I wanted opinions and suggestions

Some colors are missing to make it complete, the squares with hatching are empty, I need two vermillions, two reds, one indigo and one Chartreuse

And what do you think about the colors I've chosen so far?
>>
>>2525304
What's the point of doing this? Digital colour mixing is different from traditional, so building a palette is a bit dumb. Plus almost every painting program comes with colour swatches which are pretty much what you are doing.
>>
this is pointless
>>
>>2525307
I know but I have lots of experience with traditional media so having a selection of colors and mixing them up is easier for me than having to move a pointer ona slider
I know drawing programs come with swatches, I plan to make the swatch version later on.
>>
File: palette.png (88 KB, 541x336) Image search: [Google]
palette.png
88 KB, 541x336
>>2525304
Corel Painter Essentials 5 has a color set/mixer in the sidebar that you can eyedrop from, this is it. Maybe it might be helpful to you?
>>
>>2525375
You can get versions for Photoshop CS6 and above, but they come with a price.
>>
>>2526138
>>
>>2525357
>I know but I have lots of experience with traditional media so having a selection of colors and mixing them up is easier for me than having to move a pointer ona slider
Mix the colours with your favourite palette of oil paint or whatever you normally use. Take a photo. Open in Photoshop. Insta-palette to choose from.
>>
>>2526684
I already did that, some of the colors I have come from the prismacolor colored pencils, copic markers and pixel art palettes
I just need some more colors to complete it
>>
File: palette.png (45 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
palette.png
45 KB, 1280x1024
the previews pool of colors to give you an idea
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.