[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have been going strong for about 5 months now >Do 1 study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1462930039948.jpg (139 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1462930039948.jpg
139 KB, 1023x682
>Have been going strong for about 5 months now
>Do 1 study every day for an hour
>All of a sudden don't want to do it anymore

How do you guys get over the hump?
>>
by drawing
>>
draw in paper, draw on walls, draw on tables, draw on paper cups, draw on your body, shave your dog then draw on it
>>
study something different for a day

or take a half day off
>>
there are two types of motivation

push: you feel this usually in the early stages, acknowledging how important the grind is and quite literally "pushing" yourself in terms of discipline and dedication

pull: feeling that genuine hunger for wanting to git gud, having it impossible to stop thinking about drawing and not being able to sleep because you're so eager to draw again

push doesn't last, but pull does

find the pull. if you don't have it, might be the end of the road
>>
>>2524287

>1 hour a day

nobody can go hard everyday, but 1 hour a day is not going hard.
>>
>>2524287
There are two types of drawing. Developmental and Inspirational. Developmental is where you just practise to get better. Inspirational is drawing what YOU want to draw and like to see even if it turns out shit. Developmental is the most boring type of drawing.
>>
>>2524287
I'm sorry but it looks like you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>2524293
I sometimes wonder if I should study a different component of the fundamentals everyday or if I should grind one aspect for the whole week. It's a difficult decision.
>>
>>2524333
OP here
I don't want to be a professional artist.
I just want to be an ok artist.
>>
>>2524370
Then the point of your drawing is fun. Are you having fun? If not then just give up and go be an ok something else.
>>
>>2524378
I'm not having fun unless I'm not doing a study.
Any other time it's fun.

I just want to get better.
>>
>>2524363

There's nothing wrong with rounding out your education. If you hit a wall with one move on to the next and then come back to the thing that stumped you when you've had some time to digest it.

Sometimes studying one thing will help with another anyway.
>>
>>2524287
>only doing studies
>no creative work at all
Gee, I wonder why you are getting bored of it
>>
Take a one week break.
One cant draw all the time, I've been taking even longer breaks, like one month.
>>
>>2524419
this senpai.
Not gonna lie, for the last 3 months I have been hating my life because I have only been doing serious studies and no creative work at all. I am still a beginer anyway, but it is true that you need to take a break and enjoy your craft, else you'll end dropping it, I thought this was weaklings talk, is not.
>>
>>2524424
I drew a lot of studies for a year
This year I decided no more studies for me and ended up not drawing for a month+
But now I'm on a roll again, so it's cool
>>
>>2524287

Choose a project, something you "feel", but make sure that it's challenging enough, pushing your boundaries, that you'll have to make efforts and learn through it.
This is way more motivating than grinding mindlessly.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.