[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any tablets that can just double as just personal laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: computer.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
computer.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Are there any tablets that can just double as just personal laptop for everyday use as well as be decent for drawing? I've been using a kindle fire and while the drawing program is okay the screen is too small to read Manga.

I'm thinking about the Surface 4? I don't want apple products. Also I'll probably duel boot with Ubuntu. I also don't want to spend more than about 1500
>>
>>2523525
wacom
>>
Anyone tried the cintiq companion ?
>>
>>2523525
I've ordered the previous model (3, haven't received it yet tho, so can't speak about performance) and with the recent announcement of the Wacom "Universal", pen I'm pretty excited! Really hope it works with older models of the Surface (if I have to buy a 5 I'll be pissed), then it should be a really good alternative to the Companion!
>>
>>2523525
Samsung 7 Series Slate with Windows 8. Been using it for 3 years.
>>
I brought a surface pro 4 about 2 months ago and im really enjoying it. Its incredibly mobile and powerful for its size. Im mainly a graphic designer and i do about 95% of my work on the surface now. The only problem i have and I dont know if its just me not fully switching over from drawing on a tablet to drawing on a screen yet, but i have minor issues when im drawing in great detail and doing personal art. With its small screen and my inability to find a comfortable position with it, i cant finish peices, i always need to move them to my desktop and wacom to add the last details.

All in all its improved my work habits because i can literally work anywhere. And its a great laptop aswell, I even use it for casual gaming when im.not home. Mine cost me $3000 au but i got a few of the unneeded higher specs
>>
>>2524305

It seems baller a fuck for the price. I think imma wait till you can get a refurbished one on Newegg and it'll be an even better value.
>>
>>2524305
Good to hear! Would you say that the inaccuracy problems is a pen problem or small-drawing-space problem, mainly? Reason I'm asking is that Wacom has announced a new "universal" pen that hopefully can fix some issues.
>>
>>2524421
The accuracy is decent. I think its the sensitivity desu, i just cant get the hang of it. The size you choose is never the size of the line no matter how you press and its really hard to get consistent lines. The wacom pen might help

The small screen starts off as annoying, but moving around the space is very fluid with touch gestures
>>
>>2524305
How is the palm rejection and does the lack if buttons affect you in any way?

It's probably wise to go with higher soecs as you can't change the parts later on...
>>
>>2524770
In drawing apps (photoshop and onenote are the only ones ive tried) its really good, always prioritizes the pen, I can even have my other hand on the screen and its fine. On webpages and word though its hella sensitive to any touch, im constantly accidentally closing windows.

Yeah thats what I thought, so i definitely recommend getting the i7. I saved money by getting one with lower storage (235gb). Because all my work is on hard drive and cloud anyway.
>>
>>2524689
Very good to hear! Can't wait to get mine and try it out, and I'll be waiting in excitement for the new Wacom pen. Have been itching to get a mobile little drawing unit but couldn't afford the Companion, but your experiences gives me hope that this might work out.
>>
>>2524305
It's not just you, I'm like that with my Surface Pro 2. It has great resolution, and the wacom pen is pretty great-- however I can only do initial sketches on it. I don't know what it is, it might be the screen or the pen, but trying to finish a piece on it feels like I'm trying to work against the hardware, not with it. Maybe I just prefer the quickness and dexterity of a normal tablet. I guess when I bought it I was expecting Cintiq-companion-levels of interaction
>>
>>2523762
This. Underrated.
>>
>>2523526
THis
>>
>>2523549
I own one and if you've never owned one then you haven't lived yet.

Downside is that once you scratch your screen there's no going back because the scratches keep getting worse
>>
File: Station.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
Station.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>2528806
Forgot pic
>>
Manga Studio / Clip Studio Paint have great pen-and-touch controls. I don't even need keyboard when I'm doing digital painting.

However I use surface pro 3 and there's pen jitter on slow strokes, making it impossible to draw line work slowly. I wonder if the line jitter is any better on surface pro 4.
>>
>lose almost half of maximum charge after ~2 years of usage
I wish mobile devices would move on from lithium batteries already
>>
>>2528806
What version do you have? I juste have the money for i3 but I'm not really sure if it's enough
>>
>>2528854
i5, I can only do art and the graphics card gets hot as fuck, it's better if you build a pc and buy and cintiq 13hd
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.