[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do non asian artists struggle at drawing eastern style dragons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 20966319_p0.jpg (614 KB, 800x573) Image search: [Google]
20966319_p0.jpg
614 KB, 800x573
Look up dragons on pixiv and you get amazing art like in the op

but look up eastern style dragons on deviantart and you get some weird dog hybrid lizard snake things ripped straight out of Spirited Away

Hell, why are Asian artists in general better at drawing/designing dragons better then the pasty white scalies/furries that fap to them in the states?
>>
Most people don't know how to use pixiv and thus mostly click in top rated pictures.
>>
>>2521965
After a year of Japanese class and forgetting everything besides some basic reading, I find it easy enough to copy pasta the actual text from wikipedia pages and shit and go from there
>>
>>2521960
>Look up dragons on pixiv and you get amazing art like in the op
>but look up eastern style dragons on deviantart

There is bucketloads of trash on Pixiv.

This meme that Pixiv is some flawless bastion of good amateur art needs to fucking die already.

Learn how "top rated" and the frontpage suggestions work, please.
>>
>>2521960
>Learn how "top rated" and the frontpage suggestions work, please.
the worst of pixiv is still better than the worst of deviantart

unforunately, now we're having a bunch of shitty weaboos flooding pixiv with their shitty art

seriously, few things are more cringe worthy than a white weaboo from "johnsonville Wisconsin" attempting to draw anime after they found some random volume of Naruto in their public library

also, compare the first results you see when you type in dragon on deviantart versus the katakana for dragon on pixiv
>>
>>2521992
i mean the most popular results for dragon on pixiv versus the most popular on deviantart and furaffinity(pretty much a given, seeing that furries have pretty shit taste in art in general)
>>
>>2521960
I always thought dragons originated from Europe and East.
>>
>>2521960
Projecting your own racism.
>>
>>2522749
Deviantart is fucking trash compared to every other western art website too though. If you look through Artstation you'll pretty much find an even mix of good western and eastern artists.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.