[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does design go overboard and into fetish territory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 600x800
When does design go overboard and into fetish territory?
>>
>>2519287
Does it ever leave?
>>
>>2519290
Stop popping in every thread and shitposting
>>
>>2519287
when you start fapping to it
>>
>>2519287
this is parasite eve, an m rated survival horror rpg, this design isn't anything outlandish for the genre of even general horror. what about this is overboard?
>>
>>2519293
Well, I guess that WAS a little vague.
By my belief, all designs contain fetish elements of it, no matter the subject matter. Sure, some go "too" far, but it seems that all art, no matter how hard you try, will arouse someone.
For instance, in the Japanese television series Manben, which follows a mangaka during their work week, the was one author (to which I can't recall the name) who said that he tries very hard to draw unappealing, even if not specifically ugly girls. At first, it was just the addition of freckles onto his women, but as he got fan letters telling him how appealing the design was, he pushed it farther. Even now, when he draws girls more or less constantly drooling, with snot running out of theirs nose, loud and boisterous, etcetera, he still gets fan letters about them.
In short, even if something may not be fetishism to you, you have no choice but to accept that it will ALWAYS be fetishism, somewhere.

Though, there are times when it's deliberate, like many of the gynocentricised enemies in Dark Souls I.
>>
>>2519287
everything is fetish territory, and when everything is something, then nothing is

puritans will say otherwise, they have defined lines between what is and what isn't. That's because they are insecure about their own sexuality, and it manifest by being uneasy about other's sexuality.

it's just a case of ''I don't like what you like, delete it''

another manifestation of fetishphobia (?) is when somebody got a problem with another person, not his fetishes, and that's what they bring out when attacking said person. When in reality, the problem they find with them might just be their behavior, their ignorance, whatever, but can't tell the difference between a bad personality and ''fetish''
>>
>>2519287
>someone made a game with my multi-tit, brain-belly, egg-ass spiderleg hair fetish

gonna be hard to play and fap at the same time
>>
>>2519287
Fetish only to human eyes. Why should we limit design to the human perception? Clear your mind, and this is beautiful and creative.
>>
>>2519313
> At first, it was just the addition of freckles onto his women
Freckles are cute AF tho
>>
>>2519837>>2519837
>Freckles are cute AF tho
To us filthy American, they're the best thing since slave labor, but in japan, iirc, blemishes aren't looked at as beautiful, because of their obsession with fair skin (since pale skin meant they didn't have to work, which indicated that they could pay for everything they wanted)
But yeah, I also found freckles sexy, even as a young'n, which is why I was so confused when in Miyazaki's film "Whisper of the Heart," the main characters best friend was worried about getting freckles from being in the sun for too long.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.