[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformation art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: CP-1.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1670) Image search: [Google]
CP-1.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1670
Transform the item to become robots
Welcome any comments
>>
>>2518664
This is great and all but how about you actually show the transformation process? To me it just looks like you were inspired by those items. How does the item become the transformer?
>>
>>2518664
Do you have some more? If so post them as well, those are pretty cool
>>
File: PROMO.jpg (3 MB, 2901x3710) Image search: [Google]
PROMO.jpg
3 MB, 2901x3710
I actually use the Transform Tool in Photoshop and SAI to create those artworks.
From top to bottom, the original graphic would be warped and transformed to have more complex and advanced pattern and structure, and those process may be implement with many times.
Finally, they will form the body parts and become the robot design.
>>
File: Nike-Air-Max-1-Valentines-1.jpg (234 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Nike-Air-Max-1-Valentines-1.jpg
234 KB, 1000x667
More artwork and the action concept about the robot
>>
>>2518664
This is kind of neat. Would be nice if you tried mixing different source objects for each robot instead of using only one source photo. The designs are a bit repetitive and uniform throughout.
>>
File: WP-001_Concept.jpg (3 MB, 2953x2030) Image search: [Google]
WP-001_Concept.jpg
3 MB, 2953x2030
I under what you said. To mix any different source is a wonderful way. In concept art industry, artist will train their photobashing skill which is similar to your words. However, I hope to use specific item for one robot design to form the specific "Style" and "Gimmick"
In addition, the artworks are the 2D model and able to move and create the animation.
Here is the demo about animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDCYkCafFQ
>>
File: Nike Air Max Shoe Concept.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1718) Image search: [Google]
Nike Air Max Shoe Concept.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1718
Nike Air Max Shoe
>>
File: HTC-M7.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1459) Image search: [Google]
HTC-M7.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1459
HTC_One_M7
>>
File: NAK-3310_concept_002.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1670) Image search: [Google]
NAK-3310_concept_002.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1670
Nokia 3310
>>
I started a Instagram Account for posting artwork
Welcome you to search "alfanextplus" to see more :)
>>
>>2518664
cute vanity thread, but I just have one question. why call these "Transformers"? the idea of a transformer is to have it able to change and revert back and forth to a mechanical shape. what you are creating is more just robots inspired by products. there is no way any any of these are able to revert back to an original shape. Another flaring issue with your art these is the amount of warping going on, in addition to inconsistent text sizes it makes your work look incredibly cheap.

Look, I see that you're trying to embrace a new age and expand your horizons, but skills are transferable. Basic knowledge of painting, color and light would help you a ton, and when you blindly jump in its more than obvious you don't have the slightest clue when it comes to all 3. it shows especially when you came up with the video. I would take the time to backtrack and learn the fundamentals, and than use what I learn and apply it to my photobashing skills
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.