[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys recommend the best Watercolor courses out there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 01_by_neighborstudios-d7r6baz.gif (73 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
01_by_neighborstudios-d7r6baz.gif
73 KB, 500x281
Can you guys recommend the best Watercolor courses out there that is extensive and covers beginner to advanced materials?
>>
>>2517374
bump
>>
>>2517374
bump
>>
uhh not many people here use watercolors. try to check through book thread, maybe read up on some other forums about it. do your own research.
>>
As a watercolour artist I'd say you don't need a course, just follow these three steps:

1. learn your fundamentals. In particular colour theory and how watercolours work in theory.
2. Get the right materials. You can't do watercolours on printer paper. It'll ruin the paper and the colours will look completely off while you paint, since the paper gets damp and dark and won't ever dry straight. You don't need to get artist grade paint, but if you can, you should, since the paint will last you forever. Seriously I haven't used up a single paint yet. For just learning the technique, cheap paints will do. Just make sure if you don't get them in tubes, that you check that most your colours are very dark in a dry state. The darker, the better.
3. Watch people paint on youtube and analyze what they're doing, armed with the theoretical knowledge you learned in step 1. Then try to copy what they're doing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfaYqOdgK-c videos like these should teach you a lot if you analyze them well.
>>
>>2517374
There aren't advanced materials. Just buy some watercolour paper ie. cheap Bockingford.
Then you need a few colours, yellow ochre, ultramarine blue & burnt sienna from Winsor & Newton.
After a few months you'll either go mad, & want to branch out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81w9PBZOmZ8

watch these cozy strayans
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.