[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art Project
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Hey all
I am a creative arts student and i am making an interactive art piece for an exhibition , so i need your help . please comment with anything you think i should have or should not have done , or if you think the story should go in a particular way.
here is the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=172-h92R5YQ&feature=youtu.be

thanks in advance
>>
What story? A 20 second video doesn't tell me anything.
And that girl kinda walks like the hunchback of Notre Dame
>>
>>2516436

It's literally just some chick with crooked legs and mismatched clothes walking to the door, opening it and closing while the camera man have sobering alcoholic hands and doesn't know anything about shots, zoom or light.
>>
Get a skateboard, a few more friends

Have a shot of her entering the hallway, then an over the shoulder of her looking down the hallway.
Then howabout a shot where we're in front of her moving backwards while she's walking towards us. Stand on a skateboard while a friend -slowly- pulls you down the hallway. Hold the camera as steady as you can, or use a tripod.

When she reaches the door, cut to a shot of her walking up to the door and opening it. Then before she walks in, maybe she looks back down the hallway...looking for something or remembering something or whatever. Then cut to her closing the door.

You say that the story should go in a particular direction, when in reality there is no story.
Also, you're a creative arts student, and yet, this 20 second video shows that you are of below average.

Look up 5secondfilms on youtube. They're super successful at telling stories within literally 5 seconds.

Think outside of the box. No one cares about 20 second long "one take" movies. Why should the audience care about your movie? Why should I stand here and wait for nothing to happen? There's no music, no sound, no dramatic lighting, no atmosphere.

You probably recorded this on your phone then uploaded this straight to Youtube.
Have some passion in your fucking work.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.