[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The time and effort behind game development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
I just watched the Infinite Warfare trailer on youtube and noticed that it got a whole bunch of dislikes and the game was just downright hated even though its not even close to being out yet

I can't help but feel bad for the artists, animators and the programmers who put their all into the game and its development, and just to have it be shit on by a bunch of whiny gamers(the same gamers that will probably buy it anyways)
>>
If you churn out annual money-milking machines I feel like a little bitching and moaning from your fanbase is water under the bridge.
>>
>>2513715
> by a bunch of whiny gamers(the same gamers that will probably buy it anyways)

Where do you think you are anon?

/v/ is shitposting central. Faggots like >>2513716 get off to hating every game made since 1999.

Which is odd since most of them have been born past 2000.
>>
>>2513723
OP is like a jew saying "Come on guys, jews aren't all that bad right? They manage money pretty well and work really hard stop being so mean to em" at a Hitler appreciation dinner.
>>
>>2513715

Well these artists/animators/etc already did their jobs and probably got paid for it. At that point I'd feel satisfied for a job well done as the hate the game gets is due to things that i can't control.

Besides the real bux will go to some group of corporate shitheads who have probably never played a single video game in their entire lives. Its not like the people behind pre-production n' shit ever see a sliver of those tens of millions that Activision or whatever makes every year.

>>2513725
God, /pol/tards are cringeworthy as fuck. Don't you fags ever feel shame?
>>
>>2513731

IKR the Jews have suffered enough, it's awful that their evil politicians force them to live in an oppressive homogenous society which is why I support #OpenBordersForIsrael diversity is our strength.
>>
>>2513715
It's their own fault that they are working for questionable company. Besides, I bet they don't give a shit for some random haters. For them I was just a job, not lifetime mission.
>>
Gamers are the worst people.
>>
Video games are for children and I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: tumblr_o0t7nuS4p81qk84mgo7_1280.jpg (971 KB, 766x1123) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0t7nuS4p81qk84mgo7_1280.jpg
971 KB, 766x1123
>>2513715
I'm pretty sure most professional artists are fairly detached from that sort of thing. I mean, sure, if they work on something that becomes a beloved franchize, they're proud that they were a part of it, but on the other hand, they probably don't lose any sleep over it when it turns out the end result sucks and people hate it.
>>
If it looks like it will play like another generic game with bad or little content, it's shit and there's no wrong in calling it.

Also a question of marketing, when your brand is shooters made in "movie realistic" manner focusing on XX and XXI conflicts and scenarios you bet your ass you can't rebrand just like that.

If you should get anything out of it is that your work doesn't matter if it's just another product. It's what you do and get salary for, but it ultimately has no value. Good ideas, storytelling, originality, bold solutions - that's what grabs attention.

See: surge in indie gaming and how titles such as Undertale or Stardew Valley got successful.
>>
>>2513778

To add to this - really, what are you expecting in a times when CG/3D artists communities are massive and filled with dozens upon dozens of tightly rendered mechs, ships and body armor.

When 14 year old does your job it really has no value at all.
>>
>>2513723
>>2513725

It's funny how /ic/ can spend countless threads engaging in petty smug condescension about popular artists but apparently popular videogames are off limits. I'm sure Activision is really feeling the squeeze from all those awful entitled gamers who have the audacity to not like a thing.

Guess what, faggots. Go to any hobbyist board, you will find people engaging in that hobby who will bitch and moan about parts of it. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>2513778
Aren't they kind of bold by going away from what made their IP so popular and trying out something new for the franchize? People are complaining that they AREN'T doing the same shit they've already done a million times before in CoD games. I mean, I haven't played a CoD game since CoD4, but I applaud them for taking a risk like that when it would have been the easiest thing in the world for them to just do another modern warfare or going back to a WW1/ WW2 setting.
>>
>>2513795

>a ww1 setting

I'd kill for some more WWI games though, nobody does that shit.

But then I saw the release trailer for the new battlefield game and I was mortified at how dumb they managed to make it look. They used some fucking techno remix of seven nation army for the trailer of a wwi game, and there was like one shot of a trench in the whole trailer. Fuck me. EA truly ruins everything it touches.
>>
>>2513795

>aren't they kind of bold (...)

No, they aren't. It's just stupid. If they want to be bold, they get out from the franchise for a while and try making a new product.

When they call it "Call of Duty" and add sf ships to it you fucking know that the gameplay essentially won't change. It's similar shit like with "Far Cry: Primal" but at least in latter case we saw a setting that wasn't present in video games since times of "Turok" so people can give it a pass.

But yet another sf shooter, but this time with gameplay of CoD? No, this isn't trying something new. This isn't bold. It's just running out of ideas and trying to milk franchise more.

IF they would introduce some new gameplay elements like, I don't know, managing your own squad and pushing frontline and thus introducing a bit of nonlinearity to a product - that would be bold, risky move even if you'd have fucking Vietnam as a setting.

And I'll say it again in biblical manner: "Those artists already had their reward". They put their time into the game because it's their fucking job and again, their renders ultimately don't matter as much because every second if not every CG/3D monkey does, did or can do sf and you bet your ass that this kind of stylization that CoD does is so stale that you will surely break your teeth on it.
>>
>>2513731
>God, /pol/tards are cringeworthy as fuck. Don't you fags ever feel shame?
NO :^)
>>
>>2513715
They all got paid, who the hell cares?
>>
>>2513715

I felt bored a few seconds in. Oh look, a bunch of futurustic looking ships with shitty bumpmapping and unimaginative designs that makes Michael Bay look like some kind of artistic genius. This is shit in it's purest form. Absolutely zero artistic value.
>>
>>2513797
>trailer included planes and tanks that entered the war mid 1917
>the time when trench warfare had ended
>DURR WHERE ARE MY TRENCHES

Learn some history faggot.
>>
>>2514365

Really?
>>
>>2514365
case in point here,
>>
>>2514372

>Learn some history faggot

Did we watch the same trailer? Did that look like history to you? Dunno what fucking books you've been reading if you got to the end of that trailer and thought "They're really on point with their historical accuracy."

If you're really going to be a nitpicky faggot about the trench thing let's say EA had the bright idea of setting their world war 1 game in like, fucking October of 1918 and it's a more mobile war. The point was that I was disappointed that EA had the opportunity to make a real neat WWI game and it chose to do that cartoony over the top garbage instead. I wasn't surprised, but it was definitely a let-down for a time period that's pretty neglected in videogames.
>>
>>2514906
The stuff in the trailer was actually very well done and largely historically accurate. As for the story/battles, that's hard to say until you actually see the single player.

Which part do you think wasn't historically accurate? The dude in armor? Armor was used in WW1. The guy just putting on a gas mask to run into mustard gas? I'll give you that, all other areas of his body save the face would still be fucked up there. The guy using a shovel to kill someone? Soldiers used them (And lots of other stuff, what they could get their hands on) in close combat. I could go on, but the point is, if it's historically inaccurate, it's in the story, not really what the trailer showed.
>>
>>2513715
they stole a shitload of ideas from aaron beck without paying him a dime
fucking fags
>>
I've worked on the upcoming Benhur remake, the movie is absolute garbage, but I did my best on my part so I don't really care too much if everyone hates the movie as a whole. Sure it would be nice to work on a better movie but oh well.
>>
>>2514985

neat. sounds like we have some legit pros on /ic/ as of recently. mind telling a bit about what you did?
>>
>>2514985
>I've worked on the upcoming concentration camp, the gasing jew is absolute garbage, but I did my best on my part so I don't really care too much if everyone hates it as a whole. Sure it would be nice to work on a better project but oh well.
>>
>>2513725
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>2515392

go back 2 reddit you faggot
>>
>>2513715
Nice blogpost.
>>
File: abstract shapes.png (4 KB, 368x376) Image search: [Google]
abstract shapes.png
4 KB, 368x376
>>2515392
>shut it down
>>
>>2515042

Mostly background environments. We work mostly on medium to low budget movies but a lot of the work done is still pretty awesome.

I know that if I worked on the latest Call of Duty game I would brag about it to anyone who would listen. They don't just hire any random schmucks to work on it. The graphics may look like they're from 2011 and the spaceships look like they were designed by some teenager, but the blame for that should probably be laid on the people in charge of the project for having too low of a budget despite the games being so ridiculously profitable. When someone says "the newest CoD looks like shit" I don't think that criticism directed at the artists, and if it is then I don't give a shit about their opinion because they're idiots.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.