[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charcoal drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
What u think? I havent drawn anything in months and i need to put together a portfolio for school
>>
>>2509379
Shit.
>>
I think the biggest thing that could help you improve is to stop doing such bold lines to define features (nose, lips and eyes especially).
look at a human being. do they have bold lines around their features?

use ranges of value to suggest the areas where noses and lips end. i would draw from a reference, but forget that you're drawing a human being, and just think of it as shading and coloring an object
>>
>>2509388
I agree with this man. The bold lines are making your art look very cartoonish and unrealistic (so unless that was what you were aiming for) you should probably cut that shit out.
>>
>>2509388
Yeah I agree, i remember my old art teacher once said something like this
>>
The lips are much too prominent. Try to make them a bit less intense.
>>
>>2509378
Is this a feminine looking boy or an girl with a mustache?

And read sticky, symbolic drawing is strong with you.
>>
>symbol drawing
>upside down
>3k x 2k

hide and ignore, lads
>>
>>2509378
Really not good. I suggest you use reference pictures or look at tutorials how to construct the basic shape of a head, that way you will learn to think of the human form as simple geometric objects.
Simply everything is off at this point, you use symbols to draw eyes for example, think of the eyes as spheres embedded in caves and then think about how gigantic the eyeballs in your drawing would be.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.