[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ic/ I draw a weird comic about naked fairies, been doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
Hello /ic/ I draw a weird comic about naked fairies, been doing it for about two years now, but it hasn't gotten much attention, so I decided to post it here to see if anyone's interested in giving any comments and whatnot. I'm hoping this is the appropriate place to post such a thing.
>>
>>
>>
All I really have time for right now, will post more after I get off work if anyone is interested to see more.
>>
File: 360x200.jpg (43 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
360x200.jpg
43 KB, 360x200
>>2506872
>Tumblr haircut
>>
This is actually pretty cute. Do you post it anywhere else?
>>
>>2507026
I do! On my DA Shane-emeraldwing.deviantart.com

The main site for the comic is this one.

http://prexor.thecomicstrip.org
>>
Catching attention isn't a hard science... But gaining exposure sort of is. Try looking into that.

As for the drawings I can only say what I subjectively don't like as I'm no pro myself: forms aren't very concise, you're not as bad as the goblinscomic guy, but he has a good excuse why his shit is all wobbly and you most likely don't. You also mess up simple proportions and poses, you ought to practice figure drawing from reference daily. Crayon rendering is sort of bad, seems limiting, things look same'y and subdued. I'd either go digital or stick to black and white crosshatching if I were you (but then you need to improve your technique, make it more orderly, learn to create tone and depth with it). Those are some thick ass outlines you draw for something as uncartoony as this. But I guess with those crayons you don't have a choice. Enviroment looks sort of bland.

As for the rest: the tumblrcore shit is no less grating than if that green gaybait was wearing a fedora. Long term you gain nothing by nuzzling that asshole of a community. The subject has some potential, as per ususal humans interact with x from x's perspective or vice versa, but it's also very disneysque and overdone so you might fall into some really bland territory quite easily. The delivery... I donno, man. You need more exposition, don't just throw what seems like the main motiv of the thing right at the beginning (if that indeed is it). Hide it a bit while showing us around.
>>
>>2507415

PS and that "cutesy" infantilism makes me want to strangle you with barbed wire. But that might just be me.
>>
>>2506872
I can tell from the cover that it's shit.
>>
>>2506875
what the puck is this?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.