[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what can I do to make this more realistic??? my art teacher said
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Snapchat-6513299825510783131.jpg (196 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6513299825510783131.jpg
196 KB, 1080x1920
what can I do to make this more realistic??? my art teacher said that there wasn't enough detail in this for me to hand it in. I've already put individual hairs for the face and I spent an hour on the horns. I'm stuck
\(;´□`)/
>>
Read the sticky, post in the beginner thread
>>
>>2501208
There's a lot of symbol drawing going on (horns, eyes, snout etc)
>>
>>2501208
Skin a goat and glue the fur, horns and teeth on the drawing.
don't forget to attach the hooves on the other side of the sheet
>>
>>2501208
reeks of new
and
>>2501227
>>2501234

too much detail on the horn.
>>
>>2501208
contrast famalam
>>
>>2501236
kek
like to see him get called out on that.
>>
>>2501208
Have you tried telling your art teacher to go fuck themselves?
>>
>>2501208
Add darker values, if youre not just a hobbyist get rid of your symbol drawing aswell.
>>
>>2503117
Are you kidding?
>>
>>2501208
Face has zero form. The way you did the horns give them a 3d shape while the face is completely flat. Draw short lines on it face to symbolize it's fur while keeping in mind the animals form.
>>
Ask your teacher for advice not /ic/
>>
>>2503117
this is a good idea OP
>>
>>2503915
Art teacher obviously has no idea what they're doing, so there's a better chance of learning something here.

You're s beginner, OP, you suffer from so called symbol drawing, meaning you don't draw what's there, but what you think is there. You need to analyze things better.

Read the sticky, particularly Keys to Drawing. There are no quick magic tricks,art is learnt over many years and you might as well start now.
>>
>>2501208
Probably meant shading and value rather than detail.

They're speaking in vague terms probably because they have no fucking idea what they're talking about but they're right your drawing is unfinished.
>>
>>2501208
>>2503860
>draw short lines
Idk the fucking technical term for it (hashing lines?) But I mean like pic related. This sheep's face has FORM made from nothing but a bunch of small lines, simultaneously giving the appearance of texture (hair) and also form or SHAPE. Your picture has some other problems with it but detail is the biggest. I learned how to do this as a young kid trying to draw dragons. I had this book called "dragonology" idk wtf is was about or anything like that but it had some cool looking dragons in it and one of the artists trends for drawing them was drawing a whole bunch of little lines and it really gave them alot of depth and texture in the process, very cool.
>>
I saw that aaron blaise tutorial on youtube
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.