[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were financially secure, led a family life and all that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: babby reaction.gif (2 MB, 200x174) Image search: [Google]
babby reaction.gif
2 MB, 200x174
If you were financially secure, led a family life and all that and your kids would manifest an interest in drawing would you seriously mentor them and set them on a path to mastery early or let them be kids and fumble around untill their mid-teens?
>>
I would set them up with a mentor and feed them resources. I would not mentor them myself. Then if I don't like the mentor or my kid doesn't like them, there is always room to switch. Not investing into their skills earlier on seems a waste to me, there are kids who can do some great shit because they worked hard early on.
>>
>>2492545
Mentor them. By the way I wouldn't send them to school at all and hire private teachers instead for every subject. Without wasting 8+ hours/day it's possible to make them master multiple fields (learning multiple languages to near-native level etc.) by the time it takes the average teen to finish high school.
>>
>>2492548
>>2492595

Hmmm, I think I made a mistake in the OP. I should've said you were earning a living with your art. Meaning there's no way you can hire someone better than you at a reasonable rate.

I'm wondering about the atelier system in a familial context. On one hand it'd set a kid on the same path Mozart started on. On the other it may be seen as imposing your own passions on a kid just because it likes to doodle and get praised by you.
>>
File: 13591434993.jpg (457 KB, 629x835) Image search: [Google]
13591434993.jpg
457 KB, 629x835
What do you mean? My daughter won't have to show any interest in art before I start shoving Loomis up her ass.

And music.
And languages.

That little piece of shit will breathe knowledge. Just she wait!
>>
>>2496288
>she

she'll show an interest in BBC
>>
I'd stick him/her on /ic/ to take my throne in the king of quality shitting.
>>
If you are an artist, your children will probably think art is the gayest shit ever and aspire to become an accountant or something.
>>
>>2496323
hahaha
>>
>>2496323
>implying art isn't actually the gayest thing you can do
>>
Yes, I would pass on the closely guarded family secret of blushing anuses.
>>
>>2496323
"look son, space marine!"
>"Fuck off dad, I'm doing calc."
>>
>>2496633
>"look son, space marine!"
kek
>>
>>2492545

fuck no.
>>
>>2496621
I'm pretty sure singing, dancing, and acting are gayer.
>>
I would just not have kids so I can pursue my own personal interests and not contribute to the overpopulation crisis we have now
>>
>>2492595
and no social skills to boot!
>>
>>2492595
if you want to get them ahead, use that tutor money and put it in an index fund like all the other market cucks.
>>
>>2496741
>implying singing dancing and acting aren't art
>>
>>2496800
>>2496802
>im being a shitposting namefag and no one can stop me teehee!
>>
>>2496808
They are "art" in the same way that sociology and psychology are "science".
>>
>>2496822
I agree I'm just being annoying. If I became a successful artist and my kid didn't want an easy mode career I'd be bummed. Like just ask me I got the secrets kid.
>>
>>2496822
It's funny because theatrefags and poetryfags think of visual art as something crude and much too literal to be real art.
>>
>>2497187
>crude and much too literal to be real art.
I bet there are ppl which think the same about math
>>
>>2497229
meant say
>>crude and much too literal to be real science
>>
File: krae3872.f1x.jpg (326 KB, 750x1968) Image search: [Google]
krae3872.f1x.jpg
326 KB, 750x1968
>>2497230
Quite the opposite.

That's actually what abstractmathfags think about applicable stuff like chemistry, microbiology or materials science. Also how theoretical physicists feel about engineering.
>>
>>2496753

Birth rates are falling globally. Overpopulation is only relevant in huge urbanised areas, technology keeps marching onward, only relevant concern is energy consumption.

Yet there's still always somebody deepthroating that malthusian may may. A form of natural selection I guess.

I bet you embody so many lmaoweeddude cliches I could carve a whole Seth Rogen out of you. Am I rite?
>>
>>2497257
>hey guys I watch the big bang theory babbinga
>>
>>2497371
You must have never seen /pol/ or /sci/.
>>
>>2497888
But he has probably seen The Big Bang Theory. The only contact with science in his life.
>>
>>2492595
Get them into a team building sport if you're going to teach them privately.

Social skills like any other skill, they need to be taught.
>>
File: lvmercury24f-5-web.jpg (19 KB, 307x454) Image search: [Google]
lvmercury24f-5-web.jpg
19 KB, 307x454
>>2496741
>not trying to become the best singing gay there ever was
>>
>>2497371
i lold
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.