[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop falling in love with my work? I'm improving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1451610109128.png (539 KB, 594x517) Image search: [Google]
1451610109128.png
539 KB, 594x517
How do I stop falling in love with my work?

I'm improving as fast as I can but I tend to stick to one well-drawn thing and polish it (which is always a turd) rather than aiming for quantity.
>>
File: elsa_by_sakimichan-d75jib4.jpg (177 KB, 743x1075) Image search: [Google]
elsa_by_sakimichan-d75jib4.jpg
177 KB, 743x1075
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/mastering-the-art-of-letting-go
>>
I just tell myself everything I do once I can do again, but probably better.

On the flip side I'm incapable of spending large amounts of time on a single piece so I rarely get passed basic shading, and even that's only done a few times a week.
>>
Do a bit of both.

Don't become like some people (me included) and compulsively sketch without ever finishing something.

Why not, when you have an idea, do several different sketches first (set a time limit if you have to) and then polish your favourite?
>>
>>2491785
This is actually insane. Thanks man.
>>
>>2491785
>do you want to save changes?
No.

Fuck should I not save any of my study's? I stopped saving my gesture drawings but should I just not save anything
>>
>>2491825
Depends if you're obsessed with what you make or not. Obviously there are things you definitely need to save.
>>
>>2491825
Well, you should just save a bunch of shit in general if you want it for a portfolio.
I also just think it's nice to see my improvement on anything and everything I do.
>>
>>2491830
Well my value studies are always my best work and I get super depressed when drawing from imagination because its no where near as good and I always end up just doing another value study.
>>
You get attached because you don't believe you can redo what you've just done. Practice is the only way to get over that fear.
>>
>>2491845
strangely motivating
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.