[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
My friend recently drew this but she doesn't think she did well. I think she did a very good job, what does /ic/ think? Anything to reccomend to her?
>>
>>2491664
Well, the wrist looks a little thin, and the lighting is really ambiguous, but the fingers really look like fingers, which is a son of a bitch for most beginning artists. She has a good damn structure going on, and she should be able to build off of what she got and go somewhere-
If she keeps drawing, that is.
>>
trash

show her head and hands by loomis
>>
"Drawing of hands must be largely self-taught. All any instructor can do is point out the facts that lie right in your own hands."
Andrew Loomis, page 120 http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andrew%20Loomis%20-%20Drawing%20the%20Head%20and%20Hands.pdf
Hands are a bitch. No way around it. I'd say these hands are good for a beginning artist, though, as there is a grasp of weight to them and I can see the underlying muscle structure.
>>
>>2491678
Listen to this person, OP. She obviously needs to learn more so other anon was a douche about it, but for a beginning artist this is great.

My personal crit for her skill level now is the area left white where the knuckles are makes the otherwise pretty damn decent hand (Looks similar to Jamie Hewlett's style for hands honestly which I personally love) look kinda bumpy. She could experiment more with lineweight to get it to feel more three dimensional and there isn't a color source but she should keep drawing.

I agree that she should check out loomis as a starting point but there's lots of good drawing books out there (there's a book thread floating around right now I think?) and TONS of free resources online.

I hope next time she'll post herself! However, warn her you need a thick skin on this board because it's mostly trolls who would basically call anyone's work trash if it wasn't to their own standards. People forget not everyone wants to be a pro or fine artist.
>>
>>2491735
>wasn't to their own standards

lmao yeah it's not about that

settling for anything less than your personal best is useless
>>
>>2491664
Tell her to stop being a faggot and keep trying. It's not terrible for a beginner
>>
>>2491664
Teach her the ways of Hogarth and unzip your dick to insert your manliness into her.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.