[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
digital drawing newfag found this on amazon ($50 budget btw)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 16
File: 51cNXoBeWuL._SY355_.jpg (11 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
51cNXoBeWuL._SY355_.jpg
11 KB, 355x355
digital drawing newfag
found this on amazon ($50 budget btw)
http://www.amazon.com/Ugee-Graphics-Drawing-Digital-Shortcuts/dp/B00Z6CIRV6/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1460690093&sr=1-5&refinements=p_36%3A1253504011
>pic related
>>
>>2486867
>it's this thread again
HUION
U
I
O
N
>>
Don't fuck around with a tiny little shitty tablet or you will NEVER make it.

This is the best tablet (for the money) just to let you know; a great starting point. Don't think that you need anything better than this 'cause you don't. I've used pretty much everything else so take it from me bruh

https://www.huiontablet.com/huion-wh1409.html
>>
>>2486867
looks super fucking gimmicky.
Bet it would break in a year.
>>
>>2486867
This seems to be a pretty popular model to refurbish. I bought one from Monoprice years ago. It was still functional the last time I used it.

>>2486914

Mine lasted me 5 years, it functioned far better and a lot longer than the lower end Wacom lineup of the same price range.

It's a beater for sure, but it's a keeper.

The only thing you will ever need to worry about with this one is its notoriously difficult drivers. When you know how to work it though, it is the most reliable hunk of junk you'll buy for $50.
>>
>>2486906
>making it
>requiring specific brand and size of tablet

Confirmed for not making it
>>
>>2486971
I guess the driver issue is what happens when a small tech company tries to combine an Ipad with a drawing tablet.
>>
>>2486988

The drivers straight up predate the ipad.

One thing that's worth mentioning is that it doesn't always work well with programs like Krita or the like.

Works wonders with Sai, Photoshop, and Painter. Most anything else you may have to jimmy it.
>>
I have had this thing for like 2 3 years now and it works perfectly. The size is excellent and it seems to be fairly durable. Only issue is that the pen recognition gets really finicky and fucked occasionally but its a solid tablet that just works without being expensive and gimmicky
>>
File: Not-Gonna-Make-It Note.jpg (146 KB, 605x345) Image search: [Google]
Not-Gonna-Make-It Note.jpg
146 KB, 605x345
>>2486983
>drawing with a tablet the size of a bar of soap certainly won't affect my ability to make accurate marks on a 1080p or 4K monitor
>it's totally worth saving $100 dollars to potentially gimp myself for years

>this is what people that won't make it actually believe
>>
>>2486904
>>2486867
i bought huion DWH69, got caught on wireless meme, its pretty good wired, but wireless have some delay and sometimes stops working. I think 1060 prolly are the best huion can offer after Giano.
>>
>>2487146

>Wacom 4 Pro Small.
>Learning to draw for 1 year now.
>Drawing on a 27inch screen 1080p.
>My digital lines are better than on paper.
>I draw faster too.
>Great control in short lines or sweeping.

Maybe your weak ass hand-eye coordination is what makes you suck shit.
>>
>>2487153
I grabbed the 1060 for 99 bucks and its great.
>>
>>2487572
its not like wired DWH69 is bad, but its stricly worse 1060. Anyway if i continue drawing for like a year more il buy some better tablet.
>>
>>2486867
Why not use just a few bucks extra and get a medium-sized one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L8PUMS6?psc=1
Seriously, some peeps may work well on a small tablet, but most people I've spoken to about this prefer a larger active area. I started off with a small tablet my self, ended up buying a bigger one pretty quickly. A larger active area matches better what I see on the screen and I draw less from my wrist and don't get any pains (just a bit in my thumb some times, but that's from squeezing the stylus too hard)
>>
>>2486906
Op here, sorry for the [spoiler]pen[/spoiler] tease

following this anon and buying big boy HUION

thanks bois
>>
>>2487532
post results, not words. Not >>2487146, but when you're literally trying to talk someone into that could be debilitating to their learning, you'd better back it up.
>>
i guess im not gonna make it with my shitty bamboo tablet
>>
>>2487532
That's cool, but it's not an opinion to say that using a smaller tablet greatly restricts your ability to draw naturally. You're pretty much confined to wristy little shit strokes and can't use your arm at all, not to mention that the trad stuff you do doesn't translate nearly as well to tiny tablets. Also
>drawing for one year
You probably suck and have no idea what you're talking about anyway. I'd love to see this "great control".
>>
File: giano v large v medium.jpg (511 KB, 723x2160) Image search: [Google]
giano v large v medium.jpg
511 KB, 723x2160
>>2487532

>>2487146 here

The point is, my man, that there is really nothing to lose by buying something that's so objectively better when the price discrepancy isn't that significant. You will be able to sell any tablet you buy for a significant percentage of what you paid for it in all likelihood if you end up giving up on art or whatever so look at more like an investment. I have used tons of different tablets and I can say with confidence that bigger is simply better and anyone looking to save a few bucks by getting something smaller is making a potentially fatal mistake. It's not that smaller tablets don't work, it's just that it's very limiting to have tiny little strokes on the tablet equate to big sweeping gestures on the monitor and in the software

The Large Intuos models and the Huion Giano give you an active area that matches up with the now-ubiquitous 1080p monitor in a way no other traditional desktop-style tablets do. Having this large active area gives you a level of control second only to a Cintiq-style tablet, and it's a damn close second.
>>
>>2487938
Let me guess this straight, because whoever did that picture tried to speak pictorially but failed

First is the Giano with an Intuos M on top and an Intuos S effective area as red
Second is the Intuos L with intuos M as red area
Third is the Giano with Intuos L as red area
Fourth is... an Intuos L with a Giano on top?
>>
>don't be sad goyim, it's not your fault
>why, everyone would underperform with just pencil and paper
>this tablet and PhotoShop license and mine online drawing classes will put your art on completely new level, hehehehe...
>>
>>2488349
I took the pictures so sorry for the confusion.

First is the Giano with Intuos M on top with its active area highlighted

Second is Intuos Large with its active area highlighted

Third is Giano with its active area highlighted

Last is a Giano on top of a Large

The Giano is about an inch smaller in overall footprint (height plus width) than an Intuos Large with about an inch larger active area.

I'm not sure why you'd think I'd highlight the Intuos Small's active area on the Medium or the conversely the Medium's on the Large but I suppose it's hard to believe how much wasted space is on those things.

With regards to the Giano, If it had Wacom's stylus technology it would be a serious contender for being objectively the best traditional style tablet, as it is it's second only to the Intuos Large and is like one third the price.
>>
>>2487889

I have great control, considering I'm already putting together a portfolio for my first attempt to get a job as a character designer for a local indie company. I'd say yes. Its proving great for me.

But hey, keep being salty. I'm fully aware /ic/ is full of no talent spergs that talk a big game and then randomly post others work and claim it for their own. I see no reason to post my work as I don't want future employers seeing my art posted on some shitty Chinese image board to prove a point.

>>2487938

I've not given up, switching to digital has improved my own skills vastly, sure a medium or a large may "work better" for you. But I'm fine with what I have. In the end, should I get this job they have a bunch of 27inch wacoms, I'll just use them most likely at work, no need to spend money for something I'll ave access to anyway. ( No guarantees, but that's how you succeed by doing not talking. )
>>
>>2488543
That's cool, post your work bud.
>>
>>2486906
Would this work for a lefty or would the buttons on the left side get in the way? Any recommendations for lefties?
>>
>>2486867
I own the same tablet in the picture. I had it for 3 years and it's still working. The only problem is the size, I thought the bigger a tablet is the better but sometimes I don't have any space for it on my desk.
>>
>>2488555
Personally I only use the keyboard shortcuts anyway, I think you're s.o.l. unfortunately. You might be able to reorient it to function upside down though.
>>
File: 20160416_125538.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160416_125538.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>2486906
Im considering buying that tablet but the only turn off is that it is battery powered. Fuck Wacom for its retarded design flaw this goddamn usb connection gets fucked up and unless i have it pushed down it will not connect. Pic related
>>
>>2488669
Honestly dude you look like you treat your stuff like shit; I'm sure you'll have problems with whatever tablet you buy to be honest family
>>
>>2488669
pretty sure you can use it in wired mode, thats how i use my DWH69, also if you are talking about pen, you need to charge it like 1time a week at most, i think i charge it like 1 time a month, its starts to stutter so i just charge it and it continue to work fine..
>>
>>2488372
I didn't know the active zone wasn't the whole gray area, yeah. I'm getting a medium next month because it's the max I can afford but now I see it's not as big as they make it look.
>>
>>2488811
The Giano is better than the medium and half the price my dude, just do it mang
>>
>>2488822
Yeah, looks like I will buy it. Thanks for all man
>>
>>2488833
No problemo, I've been through hell and back with this stuff so I like helping people out when I can, I've dumped a lot of money into this crap and I hate seeing my mistakes repeated.
>>
>>2488854
I'm curious as to why you have 3 tablets
Two from the same series, even
Also, any shortcomings on the Giano compared to the Pros?
>>
File: 1452055660508.jpg (46 KB, 456x461) Image search: [Google]
1452055660508.jpg
46 KB, 456x461
>>2488673
I just order another Wacom and this time 4 year fucking warranty I am not about to get hoodwinked out of 435 dollars.
>>
>>2488908
I technically have 4 because I can't bear to throw away my once $1,200 Cintiq 12WX nor can I sabotage another artist with it.

It went like this
>Bamboo

Awful, small surface area induced high sensitivity put me off digital drawing for a long time; I should have just messed around with traditional instead but I was a whiny retarded quitter who thought it was "digital or bust", basically

>Intuos 3 Med

Good; probably the best feeling surface Wacom ever had, replaced for the newer generations with planned obsolescence, the nib destroying "natural texture". Sold it to help me pay for...

>Cintiq 12WX

Biggest waste of money of my life. Lousy color, more wires coming out of it than a desktop computer from the late 90s and a persistent pressure sensitivity problem.

>Intuos 5 Large

Fantastic piece of hardware marred by the price and the "natural texture" surface that needs a surface cover to not eat 3 nibs a week with intermittent use

>Intuos 5 Med (purchased to bring to work)

Pretty much the same as the above, a great tablet, just bit less control than the Large because of its smaller size and resulting higher sensitivity.

>Huion Giano (just to try it out)

Second only to the Large; it's great.

>any shortcomings on the Giano compared to the Pros?

Yes. The wireless adapter is a bit dodgy, sometimes it doesn't seem to be recognized by windows, but that can usually be fixed by unplugging it and plugging it back in. It's never happened in the middle of working, just when you plug it in. I don't use wireless anyway but it's worth mentioning.

The stylus feels cheaper. It is slightly lighter than a wacom stylus and has an internal battery that needs charging from time to time. The tip feels different, I don't want to say worse; in fact some might prefer it. You can feel the nib depress into the stylus slightly when drawing which feels interesting, whereas with the wacom the nib is just hard as tits and doesn't seem to react in that way at all.
>>
>>2489136
Not the other anon, but you just solidified my desire to purchase the Giano the time my current Huion tablet dies.
>>
>>2489136
cont.

The Cintiq/other screen tablets are undoubtedly the best tablets you can hypothetically buy should they be free of hardware issues (issues which unfortunately seem to plague these devices for whatever reason). However I personally believe that it has less to do with being able to draw on the surface you're looking at, and more about the fact they maintain a 1:1 active area with the monitor into which they're built. They also have the advantage of being able to be tilted and turned like you would a piece of paper such as when you need to free-hand a hard-ass angle.

So just to summarize my tablet experience with an autistic points system:

Wacom Large: 9 - $450+ ($500+ with wireless accessory kit)
Huion Giano: 8.5 - $160
Intuos 3 Medium: 7 - ???
Intuos 5 Medium: 7 - $300+
Bamboo: 4 - $80+
Cintiq 12WX: 2 - $500 (probably the only Cintiq that's dropped in value by 60%+ since release if that tells you anything)

>>2489155
Glad my rambling has helped somebody. I really hate to shill and shitpost about this Giano thing so much but I just hate to see some people pass up one of the best tablets I've used to save an amount of money that's the equivalent of a double shift at Macdonald's.
>>
>>2489136
>I don't use wireless anyway but it's worth mentioning.
So when you plug in the giano it doesn't just charge but is actually wired connectivity?
>>
I just bought a 2013 pen & touch at half the price because the box was open. I don't know if I can still buy the wireless thingy tho. Looks useful...
>>
>>2489236
Yeah you can use wireless or a wired connection and I wouldn't miss the wireless if it was gone and I don't think many others would, either. Really it's a matter of 'where the hell are you going with the thing anyway'? It's not worth the interruption if the battery runs dry and frankly it irks me knowing that they could have made it cheaper instead of giving us a goofy superfluous 8gb flash drive/wireless adapter combo.
>>
>>2489248
>I don't know if I can still buy the wireless thingy tho

It's not fampai, believe-a-nigga. A longer usb cable would be a much wiser investment, if it's even necessary.
>>
>>2486867

if you arent getting wacom, look and see if the tablet is uc logic based.

uc logic make FANTASTIC digitizers used in many tablets, and are comparatively similar to intuos pro line just without the tilt function.

the drivers are hit and miss, if you have issues, it will be a pain in the ass to get it working, but they will work on anything that it says it will work on.
>>
just buy an iPad with an iPencil ayy
>>
>>2489848
its called apple pencil ok?
>>
>>2489880
ļ£æPencil
>>
File: aaron.png (209 KB, 415x349) Image search: [Google]
aaron.png
209 KB, 415x349
>looking around for a tablet
>keep bumping into reviews by a fat faced youtuber who constantly shits on wacom alternatives

Is wacom fanboyism still alive? Or is that douche a fossil?

I'm from poorer country, looking for something within a $150 price range and this cunt shits on everything, just dismissive blanket statements left and right. He's a bernout and a money grubbing hack to boot. Calls himself a "corel painter master", Jesus.

>tfw poor
>tfw some haggard trustfund babby just stockpiles every tablet in existance and still can't make time to learn how to draw because he's too busy shilling 4 free on his 500 views yt channel
>>
>>2487146
theres a vid on noah bradleys insta of him using what im pretty sure is a small intuos pen and touch. if its good enough for noah im sure uts not too bad
>>
I got intuos pro and I'm not sure if I should upgrade to a tablet with a screen.
>>
>>2491497

PS I just ordered a Giano after looking it up, because yolo. Pepe have mercy upon my soul if this Chinese upstart sends me a dudd. There goes all the cash I had on me.
>>
>>2491497
>have 150 bux
>cal yourself poor
>>
>>2491497
>>2492281
>shilling 4 free
>Pepe
Keep that shit on /v/
>>
>>2492284

Check how much Africans pay to smugglers to be oppressed in Sweden. 150$ ain't what it used to be.

>>2492289

Don't talk to me or my board ever again.
>>
>>2488555
there's a left handed mode in the drivers
>>
The Huion Giano apparently has issues with Photoshop in Windows. Not so on Macs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkWQQ9Vz7iM
>>
File: newfags.jpg (403 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
newfags.jpg
403 KB, 1440x1080
I have an issue with my fucking Wacom Intuos Pen-and-touch medium. I'll roll the WH1049 if I can't get it working, but I'll try asking here for help

I can't install or uninstall the drivers outside of safemode, or Windows will BSOD the next time it shuts down. After that it's fine.

Windows fails to recognize the device after it's plugged in. It looks for drivers and fails. I've tried uninstalling the Windows tablet services and restarting all services, to no avail.

Windows will not receive any input, but after failing to install, correctly displays me being able to eject an Intuos PTM.

I don't know what the fuck to do. It was working fine beforehand. Am I fucked?
>>
File: surface-pro-4-07.jpg (104 KB, 990x660) Image search: [Google]
surface-pro-4-07.jpg
104 KB, 990x660
Can we talk Surface Book 3/4?
Been wanting to replace my dying laptop and I've heard great stuff about this as an art tablet so I thought I might try to take 2 birds in one stone but there's tons of alternatives
Any experiences with them here?
>>
>>2493984
The thing about drawing on tablets that I'm curious about is 'how do you use hotkeys?', or do you just click on stuff manually? Not a deal breaker I guess but worth consideration.
>>
>>2494001
Surface 4 owner here: I got mine thinking the reverse keyboard setting would still register keys, only to find out it's just to assist the back leg keep a hold of uneven surfaces. Now, you still can use the keyboard on the surface in the standard laptop fashion, but I like to rest my arm there, so I'd go with a bluetooth keyboard if I was really into my hotkeys. I actually have a one handed keyboard that'd be great if I wanted to go full 'tism with it, but the on screen keys are decent enough. That, or I just bust out the eraser on the backside.

>>2493984
It's decent, but it still has odd little issues here and there. You need wintab if you want pressure sensitivity on half the paint programs (sai, kita, medibang, and probably more) and now there's an app that allows you to change the shortcuts of the windows eraser, so now you can open up your favorite drawing app by clicking the eraser. I honestly wish I could set it up to use the camera app's photo button, so I could set the long press to open up camera, and a double click to take a pic.

Give me some actual questions if you wanna know more, or just look up some reviews online.
>>
File: 1457301099487.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1457301099487.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>2488669
>All that dirt and grime
Take better care of tablet and would last a hell of lot longer.
>>
>>2488543
Joke's on you, buddy. I just got hired by Blizzard as lead senior character designer after 2 months drawing.
>>
Should I buy a tablet and scanner or the equivalent value in Copics?
>>
>>2493984
I currently using it and I love it. I love the screen esp perfect for art. It's the best screen on a tablet period.

>>2494001
Programs like Sketchbook pro and Manga/Clip studio is very touch friendly so you can just click manually if you want and of course you can just use a keyboard.
>>
>>2494033
bear with me, posting from the shitter
is it a proper laptop, as in typing/research/videos/comfy?

how good is the keyboard?
is it slow in some aspects like storage and processing
durability/build quality, do you feel like it'll break if you looked at it wrong or is it proper chinkpad quality?
drivers working well?
W10 is a big putter off to me, how bad is it?
any regrets?
thanks ahead of time, buddy
>>
Ugee 2150 as a poorfag cintiq option anyone? They say ugee and huion are practically the same anyway
>>
How is the Huion H610 pro? Looking to upgrade from my Intuos but the Intuos Pro is out of my budget atm.
>>
>>2495004
Save up for a Giano, faam; you'll be damn glad you did
>>
>>2494942
>is it a proper laptop
Typing feels decent. I'd rate it as a basic keyboard feel from most laptops. Research: not sure what you mean. Videos play smooth, and the resolution is pretty great. The tablet with keyboard if used on your lap leaves a little to be desired. If you're just watching something on your lap, or drawing you can reverse the keyboard to give your lap a better surface to work with and it's pretty nice.

The keyboard feels pretty decent. Only gripe I have with it is the backing is somewhat flexible, and can be flex in a way that the keys become bound (basically leaving a lot of your upper body weight on the keyboard center with your wrists and legs wide). Only happened once with me, but depending on your frame, it might be more annoying.
The only real slow aspect I've found is with the screen lock and welcome screen wake. Sometimes it doesn't properly wake, and you have to click the power to sleep it, and power again to wake it up. I've noticed when drawing in sketchbook, there were a couple moments where there was a tiny delay with it following my slower movements. I don't speed draw, so I can't attest to the FPS while doing multiple layers and such. This is all gonna depend on your CPU as well. I went with the i5 and it's handled everything I've thrown at it without hiccups.
Build quality is pretty great, actually. I mean, it's still a sensitive piece of equipment with a huge kill me sign in the middle like any tablet is gonna, but it feels firm, the buttons are very sturdy, the back leg doesn't feel like it was an afterthought, and the case feels like they balanced grip, ease of cleaning, sturdyness, flexibility, and the end result is something I don't feel concerned with when I put it into my day bag.
drivers are gonna the biggest issue with this guy. Everything works for its intended purpose, but there's tiny little issues here and there, and some flaws that'll leave you frustrated.

continued in part 2
>>
>>2495777
Biggest issues with the drivers have been patched, but there's still hangups when waking up (already mentioned), killing any music/sounds when the screen shuts off, windows updates tend to cause immediate driver failures while downloading (I've had my system kill the screen and hang there until I cycle the power a couple times during updates), some odd wake moments that disables the stylus driver (reset). and there's a few other issues that I'm sure I haven't run into yet that'll crop up. As far as drawing and basic user settings, it's pretty decent other than the wake problem.

Windows 10 is windows 10. I can't really explain it other than it's 7 with a few gimmicks. You can completely ignore those features, and they'll never force you to use them. I have everything setup just like a desktop pc, so I'm not dealing with tiles or cortana. My only real issue with 10 is that they still haven't decided how to manage devices. Half the shit is based on the windows 10 metroesque handler, and a quarter is handled by the old format...the rest are rejected outright by both, which really pisses me off when I can't force my computer to connect to a bluetooth device because the device is trying to find something else. Not sure who's fault that is, but I think bluetooth itself has changed the handshake procedure, and forcing a connection is now banned in bluetooth 3.0/4.0
It'd probably take you a month before you've forgotten the smaller differences between 10 and 7. A year or so, and you might not recall 80%.
>Regrets
at first I had some buyers remorse because I was torn between the hp spectre and the surface. I felt like the keyboard not working when reversed was pretty shitty (lean it back for drawing comfort, while still having quick commands behind the easel) and the music turning off everytime the keyboard closed/timed out/screen turned off really pissed me off. I planned on using it as a mobile music player while I drove (which I do for a living).

Fin?
>>
>>2495809
The music turning off thing is not a surface thing. It's the app. Desktop app doesn't support playback in stand by.
>>
>>2495004
I got it, love it to pieces. Then again I went from a Wacom to it and she's my baby.
>>
>>2486867
OP here
just got the bad boy (girl?) and will hopefully have some shit tier drawing to show off tomorrow night

huion mastur race
>>
File: 7407305196_cfefc8f264_o.jpg (378 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
7407305196_cfefc8f264_o.jpg
378 KB, 900x1200
>>2495809
Thanks sen.pai, that was a long user review and answered pretty much all my questions.
On a side note, maybe you made the right decision not going for the Spectre considering how notorious consumer HP is
>>
>>2495947
But it's not an app, it's a program, and it happens when the screen shuts off, not just when it sleeps/hibernates/goes to standby. I can have my laptop screen shut off, and I'll still have my music playing.
>>
>>2496174
yea, after I bought it, I contacted HP to inquire about their keyboard (if it could be reversed while still functional -it can't-) and after checking on some of the forums I found they have a myriad of issues with the quality control and driver support. Dodged a bullet, but on paper those spectres really give the surface a run for the money.
>>
>>2488669
Senpai, I bought >>2486906 and it came in today and its so fucking good, I was really surprised by the quality of it, especially because its chinese, you can use it wired too, by the way

I ordered this thing on Tuesday, and it came earlier today, 3 days shipping from hong kong man, its so great

now i feel like a shill but god damn
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
>>2496179
what's really going to do that is the X1 Yoga; Chinkpad level build quality, great display, amazing keyboard (used it once, also retracts in tablet mode which is great) and a pen that slides into it, if it wasn't $1700 I'd nab it right away
>>
>>2496184
yea, I was looking into a 2 in 1 for a while, but decided between the two tablets already mentioned because I didn't wanna pay almost 2k for a worse version of a laptop that I'd only really use for drawing/web browsing. I really like the look, but if the lenovo quality is still the same as it was with my older yoga laptop, they're built to never be serviceable. Had to break plastic rivets out to replace the keyboard after the birds got bored and destroyed the first one. putting it back together made it more or less permanent and non repairable again. It wasn't backed by the thinkpad trademark though, so maybe they have to have higher standards when using it.
>>
>>2496184
buddy an X1 is like owning the Lambo of laptops, it's only for a CEOs and the like
>>
File: 1461356816356312846481.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461356816356312846481.jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
My survivor
>>
So I have the opportunity to buy a brand new Huion 1060+ Pro or a slightly used (2-3 times) Wacom Intuos. Both are around 60$.

It's also worth mentioning I currently have no tablets.
>>
>>2499526
Size and model on the Intuos, please
>>
File: Intuos_Pen_Touch_Wacom.jpg (99 KB, 670x367) Image search: [Google]
Intuos_Pen_Touch_Wacom.jpg
99 KB, 670x367
>>2499530
The add doesn't say, it just has a picture of the sealed package with this image on it. It's clearly not one of the newer models, but it can't be that old either.
>>
>>2499530
>>2499534
It looks like the Intuos CTL-480S
>>
>>2499534
The 1060
>>
>>2499538
Thanks, it became more and more apparent when I found the actual model.
>>
Just got my Huion Giano WH1409 all set up but I am having a small issue. I am using Photoshop CS3 and pen pressure is not working with it. However it works with Paint Tool Sai and the actual test screen. I have only ever used Photoshop. Yes I have pen pressure checked in photoshop. Do I need a newer version of photoshop?
>>
Does this tablet have pressure sensitivity? I've checked multiple sites that say either yes or no. Anyone here ever own one?
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 960x640
>>2500339
Forgot picture.
>>
>>2500324
I think I heard you need a plugin called Lazy Nezumi? or something like that (at least for CS6)
be sure to tell us more about the tablet, I wanna buy that one too, but I'm unsure for now
>>
>>2500346
I am pretty sure Lazy Nezumi is just to help give stable lines. I have no pressure in CS3 whatsoever.
>>
>>2500346
>>2500324
Problem solved by downloading PS CS6
>>
Is it worth it to buy a Cintiq 13HD? My budget is like 850~ 900 max.
>>
>>2500464
Holy balls thats expensive. Is it worth it?
>>
>>2500655
I don't know, there are a lot bigger, cheaper alternatives but they're all Chinese and I'd hate to drop like 500-600 on one of them only to find out it's a cheap piece of shit
>>
>>2486867
Have a simliar tablet, but it's monoprice. I like it, if you cant afford a decent tablet, I'd reccommed it. It all depends on how you like the feel, and if you need/want a wider space to draw or not.
>>
>>2500344
I own one, it has so-so pressure sensitivity. But I didn't like the limited space.
>>
>$50 budget
Draw on paper for a while longer until you have more money to buy something actually decent.
>>
>>2500671
like?
>>
>>2500672
the Huion Giano
>>
Anyone here actually have an ipadpro + apple pencil? I am actually considering buying one and would like to hear some feedback about it.
>>
>>2500464
I have it and I say fuck yes.
Best investment of my life.
If you've worked hard for the money and want it to last you a long time then get wacom (proven quality) and if u can get same amout of cash in a few years go huion. If it fails you buy cintiq instead.
That's just my opinion
>>
>>2501074
I do. I use an Intuos 4 pro for work, and the iPad Pro 12.9" for sketching. Here is what I don't like

- No hotkeys so you have to use the screen
- No eraser or keys on the pencil
- 1024 pressure levels, a bit low
- Expensive, pencil is a separate purchase
- Lots of apps do not support screen resolution of the 12.9" iPad Pro

And what I do like
- High resolution, huge screen
- Very portable
- Procreate is awesome
- Picture in picture functionality
- I can export files into Photoshop and keep my workflow going which is nice
- Decent battery life

Basically I looked at dropping $2000-3000 for a Cintiq Companion or $1000 for an iPad Pro+accessories. I chose the iPad because it was cheaper and while it has slightly less functionality it suits my needs. I would recommend it for drawing on-the-go, but for a tablet paired with a static workstation I would recommend the Intuos 4/Cintiq 22HD.
>>
>>2501393
Is there any tablet you'd recommend with a 500$-1000$ budget?
>>
>>2501399
the Huion Giano
>>
>>2501399
Intuos 4 Pro, don't bother with anything else that's not Wacom
>>
>>2501403
>>2501402
Not finding anything called the intuos 4 Pro. Might as well ask to get burped after getting spoonfed
>>
>>2501407
http://www.wacom.com/en-es/products/pen-tablets/intuos-pro-medium
>>
>>2501407
the Giano is much better than the Medium, get that.
>>
i recently got the intuos comic and am having lag trouble with clip studio paint. Its annoying as fuck and i donĀ“t know how to fix it.
>>
the 200usd medium intuos wacom sells are usually really nice, i have a pen and touch from 2 years ago and it's still kicking very-very nicely [except for of course the shoddy cable when I'm not using wireless]
i also got the intuos pro 5, it's alright, but it actually feels nicer with the pen and touch

i also use an le1600, if you're looking for a sketchpad that thing is now like 200-300 and is really amazing, use it on the couch or outside when I'm just scribbling
it's old, so color accuracy and performance on hig resolutions suck

I'm thinking about waiting for a new model for the cintiq companion, see if it's better and get that
16:9 bothers me, it's rather small and it's disgustingly overpriced, but it's the only portable that can also be used as a drawing display as far as i know and i need something portable+ i animate, so I'm kinda strung needing to get one

even if your hand gets in the way, i swear, it feels so much nicer to draw on a screen personally and i couldn't care less about doing traditional
I'm saying this with 3 years of experience with off screen tablets, but your kilometarage may vary
>>
>>2495777
Whats the pen sensitivity like on the 4? I was thinking about picking one up and was reading some Amazon reviews and it seemed like quite a few users were unhappy with the pressure sensitivity levels of the pen.
>>
>>2503065
pressure activation level leaves something to be desired, but as long as you configure your program of choice properly in the settings, it seems pretty decent. I haven't touched any other stylus that wasn't capacative though, so take it with a grain of salt. My recommendation would be to go to your local electronics store and play with one for a bit. I'd imagine their default note taking software would be calibrated for the pen best, so it should be testable without photoshop/manga studio/sai/etc.

The biggest issue I've had with it so far is finding a program that handles the small screen huge resolution issue. photoshop looks like it was made for ants, and most programs have a ton of jittering because one inch on your screen translates to 5 or 6 inches on most other pcs.
>>
Are any of the monitor tablet things any good?
>>
Just pulled the trigger on the Huion Giano. I have not done any drawing for years. This board has got me motivated,
>>
>>2504000
BTW has anyone found a neoprene or leather zip/fold bag to fit this snugly (with pen)?
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.