[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make myself give a shit? How do you guys make yourselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nkq1qcheRG1qlvd4eo9_500.png (285 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkq1qcheRG1qlvd4eo9_500.png
285 KB, 500x290
How do I make myself give a shit? How do you guys make yourselves care about your art when you just....don't care? I can force myself to sit here and try and draw for hours and nothing I like comes out of it and because I don't like it nothing good comes out.
I think a recent string of events in my life has left me somewhat depressed and hopeless, and even though I am motivated enough to get myself to work I can bring myself to care about anything I make and as a result it sucks.
What do I do??
>>
File: 1419571710925.jpg (275 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1419571710925.jpg
275 KB, 1000x1333
>>2483424
You've become complacent.

You're digging and laying in your own grave because your slowly sinking, comfortably.

It's not life or death right now, it could be later, but right now, your living conditions could be what I would call comfortably uncomfortable.

I don't know to fix that because I'm in fucking rut as you, but at least I can give you at least a little bit of insight. Habits are hard to break, and you will fall and falter, but if you make a conscious effort to change each day, slowly you will change, for the better.

I don't know maybe these are just empty words, but at least know that everyone goes through this at least once.
>>
Decide that art is going to pay your rent. Potential homelessness is a good motivator to get work done.
>>
>>2483427
Wow anon, that whole "comfortably uncomfortable" thing sounds about right.... What do you do if its not even your habits though? What if you just....can't....do the thing??
But I guess, to be fair, my habits aren't perfect in the first place so maybe I should try and work on those before I decide I'm hopeless.
Good luck to you anon, and thank you for the helpful words. I'll be rooting for you to get out of your rut too.

>>2483430
This is true, but I could always work at a Sheetz I guess.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.