[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151204_173206.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_173206.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1920
How am I doing so far?
>>
You don't have the spark
>>
>>2482531
Interesting experience, you truly mastered playfully deconstructing atelier figure drawing - 8/10.
>>
>>2482531
You're about as good as me if this was from imagination. That hair is awful, though.

Thought it was a girl sitting on a shrouded stool from the thumbnail. Probably because there's way too much fabric there to have been previously covering her jumblies.
>>
Oh, and get back in the beginner thread. I should've saged this.
>>
Frank?
>>
>>2482536
Thanks I'm working on the human body now since I mostly do landscapes and architecture

>>2482543
Thanks for the honest feedback I'm still learning
>>
>>2482531
Avoid the spiky anime hair, hair rarely works like that in real life unless straightened to burning point.
Hair curls and twists and strands of hair get caught into locks.

It seems that your main light souce is one the right contrary to this however the drawing is shaded like the back is the one lit up from directional rays. Speaking of rays what are these black lines drawn horizontally across the canvas? Rays are not black and shadows are usually cast from one side only.

There's also the issue with anatomy which is disproportionate or entirely wrong like in what little can be seen of the face. Another issue I'd like to point is that the figure has this thick black line around it. You are aiming for a study that's realistic and thus should get rid of the aforementioned since it's usually a stylisation technique (most often found in cartoons).
>>
>>2482531
already screwed up, star over. keep in mind the proportions, balance, and don't begin shading without a light source.
>>
>>2482567
black outline*
>>
>>2482567
I'll keep that in mind. The lines was just to add contrast I'll personallyliked the lines there instead of shading them in. As for the proportions I just drew this as a trail for the human element so I'm just starting to learn about realistic proportions and contoured lighting
>>
>>2482531
go back to loomis, kiddo
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.