[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many art resources and artists online who kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Why are so many art resources and artists online who kind of combine art advice with life advice seem like they are talking to incompetent, autistic children?

I'm 25 with a career and romance and friends but I feel like none of these videos are speaking to people in my situation. Are "normal" people really in the minority of people who want to draw?
>>
What the fuck are you even talking about? You're the one who sounds autistic.

Maybe instead of posting a live journal tier rambling, you could give some examples instead.
>>
What?

I don't know of many situations where a guy doing a tutorial was trying to give life advice beyond tips/ realities of pursuing art as a lifestyle.
>>
art is a career path that relys on resilience, the hardest thing of art is not to understand its theroy but to manage the process of learning the most fruitful way

If you think you're not in a position to require life advice you completly lack humility and you're probably suffering dunning-kruger effect and should post your shitty art, so this thread is at least funny
>>
>>2480768
this. wtf op.
you're asking why people who dedicate their life to art don't speak to you as a novice at art? shouldn't it be evident why?
watch proko videos on youtube, he's married and has a career making art, be the judge whether or not you find him autistic or not.
>>
>>2480771

just fuck of name fag. fuck of tumblr or something. we dot need you here. your ilk ruined /r9k/
>>
>>2480771
THU events focus 99% of the time on the personal side of growing as an artist, about what it takes to overcome the struggles

That's why it's more valuable than any online tutorial that just nitpick things about fundamentals, or in the worst cases, how to do a thing the guide
>>
>>2480773
I don't understand you, what are you talking about? o_o
>>
Fucking normie fuck off to facebook
>>
>>2480768

I totally don't have everything figured out and learn from all sorts of people, but I don't need advice like, "bathe," "don't just go up to people and demand feedback, actually talk to them and seem interested," or "don't stare creepily at the models"
>>
From my expirience
>"normal" people
usually don't dedicate their lifes to anything but pleb activities. Sure they can have their own "band" but if they're not music fanatics (which immediately makes them not "normal") they won't be any success.
It doesn't mean that being an imageboard virgin loser will certain your success, on the contrary many imageboard people are "normal" in the means of entertaining/work ratio, they would prefer to spend their time F5ing the front page.
But still being a success in something will mean spending most of your time on it, and having a family/job/real life doesn't help it.
>>
>>2480810
You sound autistic as hell holy fuck
>>
>>2480767
>speaking to people in my situation
What the fuck is the point of this thread? Why are you looking for life advice from artists? Why do you want to relate on a personal level with artists? What does their personal life have to do with your ability to learn about art from them? You sound like a complete and total faggot, mate
>>
>>2481733

I'm not, it's just the offhand comments and subtle implications of what the people in the vids say in response to their viewers that make it seem like the other people watching might not have gotten laid in a few months. It shows up in stuff like Proko.
>>
>>2481736
>make it seem like the other people watching might not have gotten laid in a few months
give me an example of that please
>>
File: 1456763309500.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456763309500.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
what the fuck is this thread
>>
>>2481736
you sound mentally ill.
do you have any drawings at all you could share?
please share that shit senpai.
also most people who send stuff for proko to review are younger hs age kids and he's in his 30s so that might have something to do with how he speaks.
the format of reviewing shit on youtube and talking to the camera is in itself kind of awkward. none of that should matter if you're actually listening to the content of what he's saying.
have you never had awkward weirdo teachers in your life before? really?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.