[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abidextrous Training Benefits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Balance.jpg (379 KB, 1040x1494) Image search: [Google]
Balance.jpg
379 KB, 1040x1494
It seems to me like training to draw with both hands would be a good deterrent from CPS. You'd be splitting the workload among both hands so that you could rest one hand without slowing down your studies.

How am I wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJj1Qqqebh8

btw Da Vinci was ambidextrous
>>
How does that work?can he think separately at the same time or does he need to pay attention at 1 for few sec and other again for few sec
>>
>>2479909
The video is sped up really fast so it seems like he's drawing the faces simultaneously, but in reality that's not really possible. A single brain can only focus on one thing at one time.

That's why I don't think it would really make the drawing process faster, it would just take a lot of stress off of the dominant hand. It would probably help people appreciate and respect symmetry a lot more too.
>>
What the hell is CPS?
>>
>>2479974
Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. There should be an open CPS general in the catalog that explains it in detail.
>>
>>2480054

*CTS
>>
CTS is a meme.
>>
>>2480062
>>2480062
honestly it is. you're more likely to get it from assembly work. in fact the more you worry about CTS the more likely it is that your brain will trick you into thinking you have the symptoms, just because you're obsessing over it so much. look up psychosomatic pain.

you really should worry MUCH more about tendinosis. common, takes around a hundred days of no drawing to heal + physical therapy.

just take breaks and use your tools lightly, exercise your arms too. it would also be a good idea to use your non dominant hand for the mouse. it's also a nice way to ease into ambidexterity.
>>
>>2479893
>use right hand for drawing
>Left hand for flipping paper for diffrent view
>>
>>2482623
>use left hand for drawing
>right hand for flipping paper for different view
>>
>>2485199
>No hands
>use left foot for drawing
>Right foot for flipping paper for different view
>>
>actually drawing
>>
Its actually not that good of an idea.
Ambidextrous has its advantages, but it decreases your skill with a single hand as now its spread out over both. Its not a big deal, but technical differences will appear.
It also slows you down when you first start as your brain has to readjust to which hand is drawing as opposed to just picking it up automatically.

all in all it doesn't do much to prevent CTS so its not worthwhile if that's what you're going for.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.