[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ic/, how do you stay motivated to work on your art? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 8HkfoLz.jpg (173 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
8HkfoLz.jpg
173 KB, 1440x810
/ic/, how do you stay motivated to work on your art?

I just do it as a hobby but whenever I want to I just cant bring myself to put the pen on the paper/tablet. I enjoy doing it, but have a hard time starting.
>>
10 minute gesture drawing warm-up, then 5 minutes of drawing something from imagination, 10 minutes of drawing the same thing from reference and 5 more minutes from imagination. Usually after that I'm pretty fired up and draw whatever I want or if I still can't think of anything I'll watch ctrl paint or proko or read some kind of art book to work on things I'm bad at and learn something new
>>
>>2476453
100 gesture drawing
100 value exercises
100 studies
10h imaginative drawing
every single day
>>
>>2476697
Where do you fit your job, family responsibilities, social life, and personal health?
>>
Think of all the pussy you could be drowning in.
>>
>>2476725
A) hes lying
And
B) he has none of those things
>>
>>2476733
and
C) it's a meme, anon
>>
File: aBrVQE2_700b.jpg (163 KB, 700x1006) Image search: [Google]
aBrVQE2_700b.jpg
163 KB, 700x1006
>>2476725
next time don't use a character which you don't know in OP pic, you might not get the references coming at you afterwards

>>2476733
>he has none of those things
I have one of those, guess which
>>
>>2476823
You can complete a portrait in one stroke ?
>>
>>2476823
>next time don't use a character which you don't know in OP pic
not him, because I made the thread and went to bed

cheers though.
>>
>>2476825
>eraser tool
>hose brush
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.