[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could recommend one book or give one line of advice to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1427393683067.jpg (127 KB, 1000x1182) Image search: [Google]
1427393683067.jpg
127 KB, 1000x1182
If you could recommend one book or give one line of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
>>
>>2475517
Never go to 4chan.org
Invest in google / apple / bitcoins

/ic/ related:
set aside time to draw every day
>>
>>2475578
>2016
>invest in apple instead of something with actual beta like uber.
> Investing in the pre 3d printing industrial bubble
>not investing in 3d print tech
>not investing in learning algorithms
>>
>>2475580
> advice to your younger self,
If I had invested fucking everything I had when I was younger in 3d printing and learning algorithms I would have no money Today.
>>
>>2475580
>>2475585
also uber is a garbage company and there is nothing stopping actual cab companies or local governments from making their own apps whilst also taxing uber out of business.

Apple will continue to make tech for at least a bit

And then also
>not investing in learning algorithms
Do you have anything on your radar? That's quite a gamble and will not pay off anytime soon.
>>
>>2475517
shit op are you also the guy who draws like sargent? Really now, don't ask here for advice.
anywhere but here.

Figure out what you want
go and do that

read loomis figure drawing for all its worth
>>
>>2475580
Your younger self can't invest in a company that didn't exist until 2009 moron, and Uber isn't doing that great now.

Also bitcoins > uber if we're gonna compare newer investments.
>>
>>2475591
Even though Apple is garbage they'd still be a great investment to have because of how many people think their products are superior. Some people buy literally every new iphone that comes out no matter the condition of their current iphone and if the new features are even something they understand.

Until people start realizing Iphones are garbage (Which is only now slowly starting to happen and even then those people still buy iphones because they know nothing else) and stop buying them
>>
>>2475517
>Invest in bitcoins

Art related
>Start drawing fundamentals before your stupidass anime, you won't even like it by the time your skills surpass the style anyway.
>>
stop drawing everyone from a head on, standing perspective.

Learn how to draw the head.

Getting help is not defeat, you are getting better.
>>
>>2475625
its not a permanent rut, once they start their fleet it'll pick off. maybe.

>>2475585
its a long term gamble with a huge beta, you wouldnt have to invest that much into it. But I'm sure theres a company or two that works on developing these that will be worthwhile.

>>2475625
wasnt thinking of this as time travel, my bad.
>>
seek professional help for your desires and do some more work in traditional medium
>>
Don't shitpost
Make a CA sketchbook ASAP
Draw everyday
Stay the fuck away from /ic/
Post to your DA everyday
Start milking those weebs like no tomorrow
Build your fanbase to a million
make a pateron
aim for the stars
>>
>>2475917
>But I'm sure theres a company or two that works on developing these that will be worthwhile.

Great investment advice, I am glad I got to read this today. thank you for your contribution.

10/10 worthwhile
>>
>>2475517

Don't bother with Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. Start with Keys to Drawing.
>>
>you'll become the best artist alive aslong as you draw 6 hours a day.
>>
>>2475927
what is CA and DA ?
>>
>>2475578
was going to buy apple at 10 dollars a share in 2000
bit coin at 2 in 2010, this is old and bad advice. Where are the new trends?
>>
>>2475517

>Remember that time that professor told you that you shouldn't draw everyday because it would get in the way of your studies? She may have had the right intentions in mind, but don't listen to her.
>>
>>2476378
ConceptArt and DeviantArt
>>
"You're going to make this decision later in your life anyway, so do it NOW."
>>
>>2475930
not sure if meme. Don't invest too much. Invest in index funds long live warren.
>>
>>2476380
trends mean bubbles. You need to invest before its a trend.
>>
Draw. Draw draw draw draw draw draw draw. Just draw. Don't stop. Look. Draw. Imagine. Draw. Observe. Draw. Draw till your finger bleeds from rubbing against the textured paper while rendering with charcoal and soot comes out when you blow your nose. Draw till you're running through a pennib a month, and you feel the scratches on the once smooth surface of your tablet. Draw till the accidental paint smudges on your face could rival the make-up of a teenage girl on her first prom. Draw till your brushes lose their coloured coating after 3 days where you usually hold them. Draw. Fucking draw.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.