[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I feel a sense of dread when thinking about trying for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Spawn2.jpg (128 KB, 639x1169) Image search: [Google]
Spawn2.jpg
128 KB, 639x1169
Why do I feel a sense of dread when thinking about trying for an art career?

There's something not right there. Something that doesn't sit right with me, but I can't pinpoint it.
>>
>>2474907
no spark
>>
>>2474908

The fuck does that even mean

You're dreading the fact that it isn't easy
>>
people who don't have the ligameme usually feel this way
>>
>>2474913
no ligameme = no spark
>>
>>2474908
>>2474909
>>2474913

Sometimes I feel like if I got into writing instead I would have an easier time earning a living off it.

Writing just seems like such a comfy existence. You, a cup of hot coco, and your laptop.
>>
>>2474921
You are grossly underestimating it.
>>
>>2474921
Saying
>Drawing just seems like such a comfy existence. You, a cup of hot coco, a laptop and a tablet.
Isn't much different.
>>2474932
This anon knows the deal. Writing is full of its own nuances and learning curves.
>>
File: 1448498924862.jpg (43 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1448498924862.jpg
43 KB, 330x319
>>2474921
You're telling me you'd enjoy, with 26 of the same letters, describing a great idea you have through text rather than drawing it out?
>>
Die, fetcher.
>>
>>2474921
ehehahah keep dreaming

My friend just spent years writing book, couldn't find a publisher, published it himself, paid for advertising, and only lost money. It's not a bad book, it's just... who reads anything?
>>
>>2474957
No one reads fiction, sure. I hope he meant non-fiction/journalism.
>>
>>2474907
Because you are probably aware that you'll need either a substantial amount of luck, a substantial amount of talent, or settle for living off $300 on patreon a month.
>>
>>2474957
It doesn't matter if it was good if it was just fantasy setting number 30124 with nothing unique going for it. These days you actually need to write something, y'know, fucking novel if you want to be successful in fiction.

Having said that there are of course modern day exceptions. I mean just look at that faggot who wrote the Name of the Wind series. I bought and read them thinking it'd actually be a twist on the fantasy genre because everyone goes on about it, but it was the most trite shit I'd read in a long time. It wasn't even written well.
>>
File: 1457584639216.jpg (51 KB, 492x557) Image search: [Google]
1457584639216.jpg
51 KB, 492x557
OP here, I'm back after thinking it through and I don't really care about writing. It's weird, at night I always have thoughts that deviate from what I want to do.

Then I wake up in the morning and just want to draw again, focused on art instead of other stuff.
>>
It's hard to tell whether or not you have the talent for it without posting a picture of the underside of your forearm.
>>
>>2474908
/thread
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.