[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point during your art career should you stop falling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1449475938986.jpg (20 KB, 489x638) Image search: [Google]
1449475938986.jpg
20 KB, 489x638
At what point during your art career should you stop falling for the "muh style" meme and be a little lax in your technique?
>>
Focus on both, people who think you are supposed to have either a "style" or do realistic stuff are retarded.
Its just good to have both.
[spoiler]obviously if you draw fucking tumblr "muh style" then you should kill yourself. sorry for bad english, i am a gook[/spoiler]
>>
>>2473702
You basically settle into a style when you stop improving significantly
>>
>>2473729
No. You settle into habits which some might then call their style. That however has nothing to do with proper stylization, which is not something you will ever understand and get good at without studying it, just like anything else.
>>
>>2473702
I've only been drawing a year and I'm finding that my webcomic is so over detailed and over worked. The fear that darting in 3 lines for an eye or a single line for a mouth will appear like I'm hiding my skill is real.

Learning slowly to say fuck it and do this since all the comic artists I love do this in almost evey panel.

Tldr fuck "muh style" memers just draw what you want outside of study's you're still applying knowledge and practicing perspective/anatomy/colour and everything else its not like your brain shuts down and you can't learn from drawing stylized pieces
>>
>>2473725
This gook knows
>>
What does this muh style meme even mean?
>>
>>2473962
Obliviously defending bad practices on the pretense that it defines your own unique way to an art.

If you want a good example of that, look at Alternative Art about 2 threads back with a guy defending an obviously bad character design on the pretense that he's right, we're wrong and it's just his style.
>>
>>2473962

Guy above is is a good example, but super simplified, it's when you are bad at form, anatomy, etc. So your cartoon characters looks like balls, but not too balls, and then when ic critiques your work and says "git gud" you get butthurt and say you are amazing this is just "muh style" of art
>>
>>2473702

Practice drawing things differently. That's it. If you aren't trying something new, you lose.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.