[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at drawing a pose? should I just practice those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 246557785.png (604 KB, 1280x2139) Image search: [Google]
246557785.png
604 KB, 1280x2139
How do I git gud at drawing a pose? should I just practice those 1-2 minutes gesture/ pose drawing everyday?
>>
>>2466404
Just draw a lot of poses. Try not to imagine poses just use some kind of reference because imagination poses tend to be shit and uninteresting and have no gesture in them. U can try imagination after u become somewhat okay with working from reference.
>>
gestures motherfucker
>>
>>2466406
>use refs cause imagination sucks
You literally just described every single skill you learn in art.
>>
>>2466404
>should I just practice those 1-2 minutes gesture/ pose drawing everyday?

gestures are good but not 1-2 minutes gestures. That's something you can do for warm-up, but if you want to learn something, you need to spend as much time as you need to properly analyze and understand what you are drawing.
>>
File: 1403646068109.gif (2 MB, 340x227) Image search: [Google]
1403646068109.gif
2 MB, 340x227
>>2466406
>>2466481
>>
>OP thinks those are even presentable
Disgusting on every level. Why did you even save that?

How do you get good poses? You fucking draw you moron, people, every day doing every day things.

If you start even doing that you'll realize you can't do anything.
>>
>>2466502
i hate self-centered people who think their opinion is the shit
>>
>Learn form
>Learn Perspective
>Learn Anatomy
>Learn Gesture Drawing

There.
The more anatomy you understand, the easier figure drawing becomes. Download the Hampton Lectures. Watch Vilppu's VHS collection shit. Aaron Blaise recently posted up 'how to draw the human anatomy' recently.

lots of sources, etc etc.
>>
>>2466519
You think that smut is good for anything? The "poses" are something out of those dumb super pose books where all the girl does is keep her back straight and not have any form of natural sense to do anything right in what she's trying to portray. Worthless.
>>
>>2466531
Why do you think acting smug makes anyone want to listen to your oppinions.
Tone it down a little. You sound like a 14 year old who can only communicate with anger.
>>
>>2466562
He's obviously trying to fit, anon. Don't be mean.
>>
>>2466502
>If you start even doing that you'll realize you can't do anything.

And that's when you give up on art and start shitting up /ic/, I pressume. Let's hope OP doesn't follow in your footsteps.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.