[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lack of an Art Endgame
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1457584639216.jpg (51 KB, 492x557) Image search: [Google]
1457584639216.jpg
51 KB, 492x557
I'm struggling to find some overarching goal for my art that doesn't have to do with improving. I mean like a goal that puts me in a really desirable situation.

I know I want to be a digital artist. I know that for sure. I originally wanted to work for an AAA game company, maybe Bethesda, Blizzard, etc. but I slowly realized it's not actually that great and living in Southern California's shithole sounds like a bad time.

But I really want to picture myself doing something pretty cool in order to have long-term motivation. Dave Rapoza has a cool gig where he works on movie advertising by doing art for it. Some people are in gigs where they work on card art and other traditional game media.

Any ideas? Just need anything to spark me right now.
>>
>>2463967
Develope your own IP and make money purely from that
>>
>>2463976

IP is pretty vague my man

I have zero game design knowledge nor any intention to make a game if that's what you mean, sounds way too complicated
>>
>>2463979
What do you spend most of your day doing ?

Visual Novels aren't too hard to build.
I'm a programmer so I don't know if I can say anything you'd like though.
Like, the shittiest but most profitable digital art is in website design. Take some wordpress templates, slap them together with good design and an easily exploitable framework.
Easy 2,000-5,000 dollars.
>>
>>2463979

IP can mean a comic book, art book , playing card art ect

Dave Rapoza got where he is because he put in shit tons of grunt work doing extremely detailed card art.

The fact is there is not really end game art gig where you get to do whatever you want and there are no downsides. In order to see what you want to do you kind of just have to do it.

instead of looking for some end game try enjoying the process of making art. or if that doesn't work do it to avoid working some shit job at mcdicks or otherwise. You don't have to aspire to work at mtg to be a professional artist.
>>
End game is having a meaningful purpose. How do you want to make world better? Do you want to pollute earth with visual garbage or do you want to help something/someone with your art? Tere are many project that you can cotribute to if you want. But then again here on /ic/ everyone thinks that working fulltime inhouse rendering orcs is all there is to art
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.