[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes: A Microcosm of Art History (Part 3 - Pre-Irony)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5
File: 738028579.png (613 KB, 600x588) Image search: [Google]
738028579.png
613 KB, 600x588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaFVLUhruag

>Critical analysis of memes has long been one of our interests here at The Philosopher's Meme. Last year, we were invited to lecture on Memetics, Art Theory, and Post-Internet Philosophy at Humboldt University in Berlin. This is a recording of that lecture, which happened on December 14th, 2015. It has been quite some time since then and many of the ideas presented have since been revised, changed, and added to, however this lecture provides a good groundwork to our theory and we believe it might be worthwhile to watch for our fans who are interested in the academic analysis of internet memes. We hope you enjoy.
>>
>she calls it the L-A-D Bible
>>
>>2463574
she couldn't fucking speak
>>
File: Gnome Child 2014.png (690 KB, 886x692) Image search: [Google]
Gnome Child 2014.png
690 KB, 886x692
Has Art History gone too far?
>>
File: 1126720276.jpg (32 KB, 450x317) Image search: [Google]
1126720276.jpg
32 KB, 450x317
>>2464557
If it means there's no need to name drop pretentious hacks anymore then I'm all for it. It's not the author that makes the art anyway, it's the context and the people living in that context that make the art.
>>
File: orc.jpg (46 KB, 368x152) Image search: [Google]
orc.jpg
46 KB, 368x152
>>2464573
I didn't make the image dude it's a screenshot from the first part of the videos. But yeah I agree with the whole 'Death of the Author' argument just thought it was an appropriate screenshot
>>
File: memetics.jpg (121 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
memetics.jpg
121 KB, 1152x720
>>2464585
My mistake

Anyways does anyone know when/where this diagram is discussed? briefly appears in the first few seconds of part 1, which I can't be arsed to watch, I'm guessing it's discussed in part 3 or 4 but I can't find it, and the lady's speaking is grating beyond belief.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.