[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /ic/ feel about people who uses Poser or similar software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: paint_on_their_faces.jpg (46 KB, 520x384) Image search: [Google]
paint_on_their_faces.jpg
46 KB, 520x384
How does /ic/ feel about people who uses Poser or similar software to archive realism?
is it worth using?
>>
Yes.
As I'm going through art school, I'm slowly realizing how important it is to introduce some sort of actual reference to my workflow.

If you go by imagination, you'll be stuck noodling around trying to make it look right, when you could take a camera and take a pic in 15 mins and save tons of time.

Look at James Gurney, he achieves realism through his fictional work. How? He does millions of real life studies, he makes maquettes for lighting purposes, and he uses that information in conjunction with his imagination to create the pieces we know and love

Reference saves time, and helps your visual library. Over time you won't need as much reference, but it is CRUCIAL that you understand how to incorporate even Poser or Skelly or any other 3d posing app to quickly get down foreshortening and anatomy

Trust me, you'll thank me later.
>>
Wow, thanks for posting this thread. Had no idea this existed and now I'll probably be using it every day.
>>
>>2460948
It's like Google Sketchup, an invaluable tool for building settings that you can reference at any angle

No rules, only tools
>>
my only problem with poser is all the models are extremely ugly.
>>
WHAT PART OF NO RULES, ONLY TOOLS DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND YOU FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>2460948

http://ghastly-h-crackers.tumblr.com/post/117847714827/how-to-use-daz-studio-to-create-references-for
>>
99% of the people using Daz/Poser just use it to make lewd waifus but they deny that's what they use it for.
>>
New Masters Academy also has 3D reference resources. I've never used them, but might be worth a look.
>>
>>2470694
Link?
>>
>>2471024
http://www.newmastersacademy.org/3d-content/
>>
File: 1450750950267.jpg (25 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
1450750950267.jpg
25 KB, 341x339
>>2464268
>>
>>2464240

If you're using Poser/Daz as reference for perspective, lighting, and proportions it doesn't matter how ugly or good looking the models are, they're just for reference.
>>
>>2473636
but these are for studies not for reference

still they get the idea.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.