[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I looked through a bunch of tumblr artist's archives, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1453965006525.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1453965006525.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
I looked through a bunch of tumblr artist's archives, and it's very rare to see improvement at a steady pace. Some do not improve at all yet post art like somebody gives a shit about them.

Why are the majority of them not conscious about this? Are they content with making shit?
>>
>>2460800

Lets see your progress OP
>>
>>2460800
They're drawing for fun.
>>
>>2460803
Not op but

Are you defending these shitlords?
>>
>>2460800
>yet post art like somebody gives a shit about them.

Somebody probably does, check their notes. You might find even more to feel bitter about.
>>
>>2460808
Not defending anything. Just wanna see how op can sit down with such a huge rod up his ass.
>>
>>2460800
Yup.

It might come at a surprise, i know. Who would have thought people would draw for fun? Crazy world we live in.
>>
>>2460800
They draw for fun/to entertain others
>>
>>2460800
Some people probably draw for likes or for "self promotion" and end up repeating themselves, and spending too much time doing things that are easy and mindless, rather than focusing on challenging themselves.
>>
>>2460800
Some people are content at where they're at, yeah. And some people don't know how to get better. I only really learned about doing studies in my last year of high school, some people just don't consider that you can study art like you would science or math
>>
>>2460952
>some people just don't consider that you can study art like you would science or math
preach it boy
>>
>>2460800
we don't live in an age where all aspiring artists treat art like the Renaissance or Salon academia did. Some just do it casually for the sake of a hobby. Shocking and degenerate notion, I know.
>>
File: ivan-hotenov-chillout-min.jpg (351 KB, 1220x1920) Image search: [Google]
ivan-hotenov-chillout-min.jpg
351 KB, 1220x1920
You know, I was going to write a post; but there isn't actually a discussion here; just a bunch of rabid care-bears that want to light you up, OP.

For a board with the name "Artwork/Critique", there's relatively little art being posted with regard to the amount of shit, and the critics are nowhere to be seen.

>that's the way it's always been
That isn't actually true, but even if it were, I don't see why you need to go the extra mile to actually silence critical discussion. You even overachieve by saying nice things to and about an imaginary victim.

It's such a joke that I'd swear you're all doing it on purpose.
>>
>>2460845
i draw for fun
but i want to improve so damn much
which isn't fun at all
and then i gotta go and look at the work i drew and become depressed that i haven't gotten any better

tl;dr i hate myself and i want to get better, but i feel i never will
>>
>looking through /h/
>shaking my head while muttering "loomis"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.