[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Proko recommended again? Looking past his cringey humor,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: proko1.jpg (66 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
proko1.jpg
66 KB, 900x900
Why is Proko recommended again? Looking past his cringey humor, he literally shows you how to draw something in one video and then in his step by step video he does a completely different process. Is there a channel which better goes through each part of the face?
>>
Ya gotta pay
>>
>>2459572
I'm just about to go through his portrait series myself, dunno anyone else that covers it so extensively in the video format than him
>>
Using his face videos as an example, the ones I think you're mistaking for 'showing you how to draw something' is essentially a study of the thing (the 'anatomy and structure' videos). They're exercises to understand the anatomy and forms of the feature.

His step-by-steps then demonstrate his own method. The knowledge of the anatomy is the same, the steps are different.

If you're watching these videos just copying his exact steps you're doing it wrong and you're not going to learn to draw the features from other angles. Following along might be useful once or twice but you need to learn the anatomy and the way the feature works, not how he did that particular drawing step-by-step.
>>
>>2459572
I think his figure drawing class is the worse one you can get, it skips a lot of concepts.

For example, he never really teaches you how to lay-in a figure, he tells you how to use the beans, structure and Mannequinization but always notes that these aren't things you show be doing for a finished drawing but things to help you understand the concept.

That is all well and good but he never really explains what you should be doing exactly instead of that. That being said he is a very good teacher when it comes down to it, the concepts he does teach, he teaches very well.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.