[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys guys urgent help. got a larger gig, a single painting for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_m9jh49sKze1roedt4o1_1280.jpg (401 KB, 1280x1536) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9jh49sKze1roedt4o1_1280.jpg
401 KB, 1280x1536
guys guys urgent help.

got a larger gig, a single painting for 500$

guy wants an invoice and stuff. what the fuck do i do`? how do i write an invoice? which laws do i need to follow? lol
>>
>>2459501
you should start by telling us which country/state and by not asking this on 4chan
>>
>>2459501
fucking google it shit head
>>
All income is taxable, just list it as "Other income" when you file your taxes next year. Look up your local taxes. If you live in NYC for instance, you'll have to pay both state and city sales tax. However if it's all in cash and your art sales aren't a regular thing, you might consider it an under the table sort of thing.

There are loads of invoice templates online, just use google.

Since this is a sizeable amount of money, you may want to consider having them put down a deposit and sign a contract that basically says if you don't fulfill your end, the deposit is refunded, if he tries to back out before you finish you keep the deposit, and if you complete the work, he is legally obliged to pay you. There are some freelancer contract templates out there too, just do your research.
>>
You should have local places to call for such help
>>
http://www.artpact.com/Contracts

Generally a decent resource for how to draw up legal shit for commissions and such.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.