[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people think of markcrilly's art? or any other 'youtuber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
What do people think of markcrilly's art? or any other 'youtuber anime tutorial ' kind of art
>>
Mark Crilley has always been our lord and savior. He's the best
>>
Mark's good but his anime style is outdated
>>
I see no real issues with his art, but nothing spectacular either. He's perfectly fine.
>>
From a style standpoint, he's hard to place. He calls himself a manga artist, and most people consider his style to be that, but there's something... I dunno, strange about it. Not that it looks funny or anything, just that it doesn't look 'manga' from a glance. He's mastered the 'Western how to draw manga' look.

Aside from that, he's technically skilled and really good at observational drawing.

Say what you will about his target fanbase, at least he can fucking draw. That alone sets him apart from other popular YT animu artist like Jazza, Sakuems, Bailee Jay, etc.
>>
>>2459446
>jazza

WON'T SOMEBODY KILL ME PLEASE
>>
>>2459449
Jazza doesn't grind my gears nearly as much as the vast majority of artist on youtube. He isn't the most talented artist, but he stays away from anime, interacts with his viewers, post consistently and doesn't have like a dozen "look at all the shit i bought" videos

Crilley too. I've almost never seen him post a haul or supply collection show off in the years he's been doing his thing. Even in his question and answer videos he's drawing something.
>>
>>2459369
I don't think Crilley is a good person to look up to if you'd like to learn and develop your own muh style.

Like others said he's not bad or anything but he's just pandering to youtube normies. What he does is all very basic.
>>
>>2459369
Miki Falls dude? I like him.
>>
>>2459369
He live streams on twitch and his work flow is great, a real one man army when he's working on his comic
>>
>>2460770
>streams on twitch

Link? Cause the only markcrilly twitch acc I see is deleted.
>>
>>2459991
this,I think he's good for basics but after that you'd wanna branch out a lot more
>>
I don't like him nor his style. And I like "manga styles."

I just find his particular brand of the style to be awfully generic.
>>
Crilly is pretty good for getting started, picking up the basics and all that good stuff. Plus he can be a pretty funny guy.

All past art teachers have just read off slides, I think the fact that Crilly draws what he's talking about is a great help to some peeps
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.