[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any writers here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
Any writers here?
>>
File: 1447235267159.png (573 KB, 621x672) Image search: [Google]
1447235267159.png
573 KB, 621x672
I used to write because I was really good at it. Then I realized the only reason I wrote was because I couldn't draw (yet I still wanted to express ideas I had in my head), it hit me that all this time I spent working on my writing I could have spent learning how to draw. I have a lot of lost time and I wish I bit the bullet and started learning art earlier.

Ever since I started I haven't looked back. To each his own, but damn does drawing feel a hell of a lot more rewarding than writing.
>>
>>2459186
Holy shit this, so much this. I've just started getting to grips with anatomy and going to practice scenery and architecture next, it's so liberating seeing the characters and bullshit worlds you've created in word come to life on paper man
>>
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique
art·work
ˈärtˌwərk
noun
illustrations, photographs, or other nontextual material prepared for inclusion in a publication.

I write about art,
Do sound effects and songs,
Am learning how to tablet draw,
know how to code in 3 languages...
Can speak with maybe 3...
what else do I know... I dunno...
>>
>>2459177

I've always wanted to write but never have seriously outside of a creative nonfiction class I took in college.

>>2459186

Damn brah I feel the same way. I always thought I would get into creative writing (I do technical writing and editing as a career) but I never was able to put the pen to paper and actually do it beyond a couple of pages.

I do a lot of translating though, often putting poems in my sketchbook accompanied by drawings. I feel like it's a good mix of creativity and donkey work. Also I put up previously untranslated works in the public domain (i.e., old French texts) onto the Amazon Kindle store and make like 50 cents a month lol. My goal for this year is to make enough to get a 1099 from Amazon for 2016. Hopefully one day I can build that into something that pulls in a little more money.
>>
>>2459196
We get it, you're a jackass, writers and artists aren't mutually exclusive, and more often than not tend to overlap quite a bit. Every picture tells a story and every story paints a picture, why you gotta be like this?
>>
>>2459177
Been writing my one day graphic novel for over a year now.
>>
>>2459258
>>2459198
>>2459196
>>2459177
Isn't "writing" the popular term for spraying graffiti? Look at the OP pic.
>>
For fucks sake just look at the op's picture. He propably meant writing as in writing graffiti.
Graffiti writer here.
>>
>>2459502
no it isn't, thugs appropriated the word to make their trash seem classy.

fucking scum
>>
>>2459566
Never tried to make it classy. Just called it writing because thats what it it. Writing on the wall.
>>
>>2459522

No thats obviously a stock image he randomly selected.
>>2459502
>>2459566
>>2459571

OT: Nah, but I do want to do a series of tied illustrations and maybe create a world to explore visually.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.