[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
discuss major artists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
who is your favorite out of these? why do you enjoy their work?

I honestly have to say out of all these artists, Oscar Murillo, Sterling Ruby, and Mary Weatherford stand out.

To keep it short, people can debate me or not.

Oscar Murrillo, has an incredible sense of materials. The textures, through draw, painting, and raw texture are quite amazing. And the sense that the works are mutable, compels me even more.

Sterling Ruby: Wow. I've heard of him for a while, but only yesterday did I take a larger look at his work. Those color field paintings, stunned me. Especially "SP288, 2014" one of my favorite paintings to date.

Mary W: The nonchalnt aspect of her neon lights with juxatposition of the flashe abstractions hits the right amount of minimalism (neon lights) with complexity (paint). There's a nice balance going on.

Anyone care to add or subtract?
>>
>>2458898
I looked up the first guy on Google and this came out. He's my favorite already
>>
>>2458898
I don't know any of those guys.
>>
google them.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.