[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I come up with a good/clever artist name for myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1457199768581.gif (3 MB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1457199768581.gif
3 MB, 295x221
How do I come up with a good/clever artist name for myself?
>>
first thing on your right hand side
>>
Take your favorite object/place
Take your favorite color
Take your favorite movie/anime
combine the 3.
>>
>>2458436
Be creative. Don't think green, it's not creative.
>>
Latin/Greek roots ma nig
They're fucking gold
>>
I said this in another thread, and I'll say it here.

Take the name of the closest street to you that you frequently walk down, and use it or some variation.

The one nearest me right now is Lennoxvale or Lennox for short. That sounds weird enough to be some online handle or whatever.
>>
Combine an adjective with an animal name.

For example: IndigenousDodo
>>
>>2458436

I just used an anagram of my name.

Came out pretty nice.
>>
>>2459207
>tfw have an X in my name
>>
>>2459205
Are you the Xbox Live gamertag generator?
>>
>>2459174

>Equestrian Drive
>Stable Way
>Spur Avenue
>Bridle Park

I feel like the streetnames near me would invite a torrent of ponyfags.
>>
>>2459212
> E S S B
>Esby
Calling OP Esby from now on
>>
Fantasy fictions places names for me

Privilegiate weird written form like Ljösalfheim or Hvergelmir

problem is that it's a bit hard for an URL, pro is that it sticks to mind (even if in abstract form)

"this artist is cool, but i can't remember his name, something nordic"
>>
>>2458436
your first name + space + your surname

anything else is cringey and retarded
>>
>You'll never think of a name cooler than FiRez.

why even bother.
>>
>>2459260

This is an 18+ board buddy
>>
File: beak.jpg (38 KB, 489x688) Image search: [Google]
beak.jpg
38 KB, 489x688
>>2458594
>>
File: uglysir.png (3 KB, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
uglysir.png
3 KB, 50x50
Lol something simple and memorable mines is Ugly Sir!
>>
Do a research on mythology. There are not only those generic greek gods names, some folklores have some pretty cool creatures and other things as well.
>>
>>2459237
>aspie
>>
>>2459260>>2459262
lol

While I know that xxFiiiReZZxx is like over 30, his mental age is seriously under 15. Which adult would pick such a name?
>>
File: 1433149268172.jpg (320 KB, 720x1174) Image search: [Google]
1433149268172.jpg
320 KB, 720x1174
Pick a name that is easy to remember, for example if you meet a stranger who's interested in commissions at a con or wherever, you should be able to say your name and the person should be able to spell it out on his own.
The easiest way to succeed at this is by picking words that are already in the English dictionary, or a common name with a word.
>>
>>2459147
Probably what I'd go for, my real name isn't that exotic and yet people typically cant pronounce it, nor would they remember how to spell it. Using your real name works best for people with names that are easy.
>>
>>2458436
Names are 100% personal taste, man. You're gonna have to just work through finding the one for you.
You have to start somewhere. Look at all the existing artist names you think are good/clever and break them down into the elements you like in them. Is it certain vowels? Syllables? Theme? Joke? Find a word you like the sound of and try to combine it / corrupt it in a way that interests you.

Puns are pretty memorable but it's not easy to come up with a cool pun versus a cringey one.
>>
this is how i found my name. you can click on the names and it says if the names are taken on different sites which is really useful

http://www.spinxo.com/tumblr-names
>>
>Think of sounds you like
>Mash together syllables with said sounds
>Switch up letters
>Play with it until satisfied
>Check Google for other uses of the name
>If anyone/anything is using it, alter it and come up with something else
That's how I did it. Original but doesn't carry a meaning that I'll get sick of or that might not suit me in the future.
>>
>>2458458
>ButtplugBlackNaruto
>>
>>2462995
An autistic name for an autistic person, perfect
>>
>>2458436
Go with something simple, like Nile
>>
>>2458458
my painted black coffin
a very dark blue, as black is not a color
darker then black

What do I make from this?
>>
File: 1441872455789.jpg (257 KB, 886x506) Image search: [Google]
1441872455789.jpg
257 KB, 886x506
>>2459205
We Foxhound now.
>>
>>2463089
Vampire Crab is actually a good one.
>>
>>2458436
>pick Greek philosopher/legend
>find word that is derived from said philosopher/legend
>get diagnosed with autism you edgy cunt

Or

Name yourself after cancer (eg. If your name starts with "M", the word malignant could be your name).
>>
>>2458436
Adjective+(made up)Noun(+Made Up Word that rhymes with noun)
>TicklishPickleWickle
>BurningGrowtato
>NervousJujak
>BurlyToastRoast
Fuck, man I don't know. I did what >>2459207
did and just made an anagram of my own name.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.