[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wish I had a Patreon but too anxious to start - thread Main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 48739475_p0.jpg (923 KB, 950x1380) Image search: [Google]
48739475_p0.jpg
923 KB, 950x1380
Wish I had a Patreon but too anxious to start - thread

Main topic: how popular do you have to be for it to gain any traction at all?
>>
I've been wondering this as well.
Aside from having a base following to get you started, I think what you draw is as important as how well you can draw.
I've seen plenty of very skilled Patreon artists who have virtually no followers, and it seems to be because people aren't interested enough in what they draw. Specific projects or fanart seems to be the way to go.
>>
>>2456791
not need to be a big thing, if u have 200 followers on tumblr and get commissioned 1-3 time per week just open that shit. just look how shitty am i, shadman, just put dicks on poorly drawed women and get all the obama coins.
>>
File: 1455307360549.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455307360549.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
>>2456814
>just put dicks on poorly drawed women and get all the obama coins.

This is genius just imagine the amount of monies goyim would pay by the thought of their waifus having feminine dick. Has anyone tried a project for basically drawing people's favorite characters bearing Chad's thundercock?
>>
>>2456814
hm, I have about 450 followers, but haven't done commissions yet. then again, I don't draw manga style.
>>
>>2456814
youre a legend so that dont count
because you're so fucking shit and so fucking vile, you gain attention and your name plastered all over the internet whenever someone say shit artist.
>>
just do it OP and remember to promote yourself. I dont even have a DA and i got 200$ my first month. i only have 300 followers on my tumblr and i rarely open commission but i charge about 130$ an illust.

just remember to not sell yourself short. i see a lot of patreons offering like... their soul for 30$ tier. you are worth shekels.
>>
>>2456814
I have over 3k followers on tumblr and the shit I post gets 1k+ notes regularly and I still get no commissions what am I doing wrong? Do I need to push commissions more heavily?
>>
>>2459332
is this a troll? are your commisions easy to find and your prices are very obvious? is your email easy to find?
>>
>>2459332
if not a troll everything >>2459387 says.

Layout is the most important part of online marketing. Your audience doesn't have the attention span to find anything or do anything unless you put it in-front of their face..
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.