[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /ic/ think of pseudo intelligent images? for me it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
what does /ic/ think of pseudo intelligent images?

for me it looks like people who want to catch easy followers that want to feel "alternative and intelligent" by saying "this is so deep so real"...
>>
>>2454301

Asking the question and then answering it in one post. What is this thread for, again?

I mean, if you can sell some prints going with these "alternative and intelligent" ideas, then go for it. Make that money. We all know that the insights offered by this shit are about as deep as "cake tastes good."
>>
>>2454310
>Asking the question and then answering it in one post. What is this thread for, again?

a pseudo intelligent reply, how fitting for the thread!
>>
I honestly couldnt give a shit. It's not the worst thing I've seen drawn and if it gives someone some mild form of entertainment to look at it, by all means. It's not really to my taste but a lot of things exist that I don't care for.
>>
It's more original than /ic/'s obsession with wizards, fantasy environments and space marines.
>>
The underlying stupidity is the problem, the images are just a symptom.
>>
>anything with meaning is horrible!
Art is one of the best mediums for communication. Just because some people do it to be pretentious doesn't mean you can't have deep meaning, or even obvious meaning in it.
OP pic if clearly just an obvious way of saying that modern smartphone centric life kills emotional connection. Its not about being pretentious, it conveys its meaning and it does it correctly.
Why do you hate people using art to express something beyond generic space wizard?
>>
>>2454335
>stating a fact is now pseudo intelligent

This thread is going places.
>>
>>2454387
It's a shit meaning and should have never been said.

That's the problem.
>>
>>2454388
The OP asked for /ic/'s opinion, and then offers his own opinion on it. He still wants to hear other people's opinions.

Please into reading comprehension. You just wanted to jump in and make a witty statement without fully understanding the post.
>>
>>2454301
Good enough for peasants I guess, they wouldn't understand more complex messages anyways. The ones who would are intelligent enough to not hate on stuff (like this) they can't affect. Just do you and let others do themselves (if it'S not harming anyone). If you are serisously pissed about art like this, make art that satirize this art.
>>
>>2454301
You haven't really defined your buzzword
>pseudo intelligent images
Is pic related ? What other artists do you attribute to being
> "alternative and intelligent"
or
>"this is so deep so real"...

Because that pic is made for a political newspaper to push the artist's agenda of kids being dumb (or something idiotic like that).
It's not pseudo intellectual unless he really doesn't believe his message.
>>
>>2455104
Boy, I wish I would are intelligent to not hate on stuff they can't affect.

Maybe I just need to do me more?
>>
>>2454369
>hurr durr these kiddies and their fucking phones
>what has become of society omg
>original

As a subject matter, it really isn't. But I like the style, and at least there is a message.
>>
>>2454301
it's alright but it that type of shit won't get you far though.
>>
>>2455184
well, at least you're intelligent enough to focus on the delivery of a message and not the message itself.

and pseudo intelligent art SUCKS.
>>
>>2454301
>for me it looks like people who want to catch easy followers that want to feel "alternative and intelligent" by saying "this is so deep so real"...

Yeah, and when you grow out of that mindset you accept that the majority is so stupid, that the people they look up to and consider wise and smart, are also stupid. BUT, there's always a higher layer of intelligence in society and as you level up, you discover their culture.

So there is always a culture of intelligence that is unknown to you right now, because it is above you. People tend to assume they've reached the top, when they understand mainstream culture, because they assume that is all there is to society.

We're always climbing, and there is no top of the mountain, cause beyond the frontier there is insanity which is like a whole new realm and after that who knows?
>>
>>2455305
>yfw furries are actually the highest form of culture and everyone else is actually just too stupid to understand it.
>>
>>2454310
>"cake tastes good."

Oh anon, what a brilliant exposure of the first world culture of excess, where the primary objective of food is it's taste in spite of, or even in direct opposition to, it's vital nutritional content! Truly a joyously vitriolic takedown of modern hedonism, bravo, bravo! Do you mind if I repost this on my Facebook and Tumblr? Where can I buy a print?!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.