[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good resources for b/w images for value studies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_o4denqaut61s5ptf3o3_1280.jpg (289 KB, 1100x711) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4denqaut61s5ptf3o3_1280.jpg
289 KB, 1100x711
What are some good resources for b/w images for value studies?

Pic unrelated
>>
http://the.hitchcock.zone/wiki/1000_Frames_of_Hitchcock You can chose a frame from an early Hitchcock film
>>
What the fuck is this shit
And I thought those golden spiral images were shit

The composition of that image is obviously a much simpler
>eye is first drawn the board with the lightsource and then to the people coming into the room
Making shit complicated just makes it more complicated, not better
>>
>>2452476
>current year
>not having an insignificant piece of paper stuck to a pin board in your drawing swoop the viewer's eye through the drawing.
>>
File: dee-snider-4.jpg (121 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
dee-snider-4.jpg
121 KB, 1000x1200
>>2452476
You're not gonna make it! (No!) No! You're not gonna make it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qn5r7eEB1s
>>
>>2452476
These are notes from a production designer at Disney. They are not somebody randomly adding spirals to someone else's art, this is a professional at one of the top animation studios detailing his thought process. There is a whole trove of amazing drawings on his website http://www.matthiaslechner.com/zootopia.html

If you still want to carry on thinking you know better than this guy then have fun stunting yourself like the fucking idiot you are.
>>
File: 8319388_orig.jpg (316 KB, 1100x711) Image search: [Google]
8319388_orig.jpg
316 KB, 1100x711
Holy shit, I never knew of this sorcery until just now.
>>
>>2452638
Neat
>>
>>2452486
Kek
>>
Holy shit this is fucking cool, thanks OP.
>>
>>2452476
this. not every little do-dad is a compositional device.
>>
>>2454655
Except every little doodad is a compositional device. Can you imagine how fucking boring this shot would be without the trinkets and whatnot adding to the comp and conveying the character's personality through how their home is arranged?
>>
>>2454655

Except this one is.
>>
File: stumpy.jpg (30 KB, 426x266) Image search: [Google]
stumpy.jpg
30 KB, 426x266
>>2452525

Where can I find more stuff like that?
>>
>>2454670
>Can you imagine how fucking boring this shot would be without the trinkets and whatnot adding to the comp and conveying the character's personality through how their home is arranged?
can you imagine that not every image element is structural to the composition?
>>
>>2455138
No.
>>
>>2455138
>not scrutinizing every detail of your drawing to make sure that it isn't disrupting the composition at the bare minimum
Lad...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.