[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need a quick hand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1455962984412.jpg (332 KB, 2000x2724) Image search: [Google]
1455962984412.jpg
332 KB, 2000x2724
trying to find the original artist who painted pic related

I've used it in a derivative work and I want to give proper credit

I think the guy might be russian, google returned only secondary sources, non of which gave the original artist credit either
>>
>>2452127
sign on it is ZB i think (bottom right)
>>
File: 2016-03-22 13.44.52.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-22 13.44.52.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
anyway these are the layers cut out
>>
literally the second link in my search, OP.

Time and Tide by Andrew Brady.

http://andrew-brady.deviantart.com/art/Time-and-Tide-FOR-PRINT-487723653
>>
>>2452145
how does it assemble?
>>
File: 2016-03-22 13.46.59.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-22 13.46.59.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
what I hope it will turn out like

I'm using removable bridges so I only get one shot, and I'm only using paper so the whole thing could get ruined by soak-through on the darker layers
>>
File: 2016-03-22 14.24.38.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-22 14.24.38.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>2452146
thanks anon, not sure why I didn't find it

anyway here is the finished stencil
copped a little overspray mist, but it turned out OK
hard to align though
>>
still scratching my head a bit about island layers though

I mean if you want to make an "O", you either put bridges in or you spray a black circle then spray a white circle in the middle

but when I do these kinds of stencils where I "dust" the same colour multiple times what am I meant to do?
I would be making an island layer for every layer I did; which would double to number of layers (in this case from 6-12) and it would look wrong because I couldn't dust a 1/2 white over a black layer anyway, because each layer relies on the undercoat of the previous ones

I got a good result here, but that was with removable bridges, which means I only get one spray per cut
so I spend an hour cutting for one image, and it takes a long time to cut out the bridges in sitchu
I can't put stencils like this out on the street, it just takes too long
>>
>>2452156
Can you use image thresholding for each layer, and then use a laser cutter to cut each stencil?
>>
>>2452178
I have no idea

I'm pretty handy with photoshop (actually paint.net because I haven't got around to getting a racked photoshop) so I can get the layers in pretty much whichever format

might be a silly question, but would a laser cutter set fire to the paper or warp/burn a plastic stencil material?
I've got proper stencil paper too, but it's too expensive to use on projects like this

sooner or later I'm going to have to get my shit professionally printed because it will just be too big to fit in my a4 printer haha, getting the stencil arrive pre-cut would be so cool

it would save me the trouble of cutting them out, but there would be a time delay and a financial cost associated with it

...and you know, if one of my stencils turned up somewhere and the cops were pissed off enough they could ring up all the local printing shops to work out who did it
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.