[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I make my digital art seem more painterly? I want the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: the-murderess-1906.jpg (389 KB, 1714x1141) Image search: [Google]
the-murderess-1906.jpg
389 KB, 1714x1141
How can I make my digital art seem more painterly? I want the brushstrokes to be visible.
I'm on SAI but experimenting with the brish effects and textures isn't archiving what I want.

Anyone has examples of digital artists that are painterly? dosn't need to be something crazy just digital art with visible brushstrokes.
>>
Mess with settings and brush downloads more. It would be easier to help if you used photoshop or corel or something

Also- what type of painterly do you want to be? You might as well look at classical paintings and look at the original stuff before just straight up studying other digital artists who came to their own stylistic conclusions

tldr- study physically painted work you admire, do studies based off of them / emulate them, then try what you learned on something original
or, y'know, buy some irl paint and skip digital. why force it.
>>
File: aka05b.jpg (204 KB, 850x689) Image search: [Google]
aka05b.jpg
204 KB, 850x689
>>2451578
Painterly like pic related

I have to give Corel Painter a try, I've seen people do really mellow stuff with it.
I tried photosho but it was very memory intensive and behaved in unexpected ways
>>
>>2451617
another example.
>>
kylebrush ultimate megapack, it's $15 but well worth it for the oil brushes, instead of changing opacity with number keys like you do with ordinary brushes, you change the wetness value, should help a little bit.
>>
>>2451512
Craig Mullins
>>
>>2452049
Looks good but I don't even have the money

>>2452083
lovely!
>>
>>2451512
Learn to actually paint.

I have no problem with digital art that looks digital but I fucking hate digital art that tries to look like actual paint.
>>
File: the-starry-night-over-the-rhone.jpg (136 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
the-starry-night-over-the-rhone.jpg
136 KB, 1000x666
bump.
>>
File: cezanne.riverbanks.jpg (178 KB, 1035x810) Image search: [Google]
cezanne.riverbanks.jpg
178 KB, 1035x810
I can post my sai brushes if that helps.
>>
>>2452812
this. seems obvious.
>>
>>2452812
>I fucking hate digital art that tries to look like actual paint

Why is that? I think it looks 10 times better than digital looking digital art.
>>
>>2454548
Lol, you want an explanation?

It's a matter of taste, if you don't get it too bad.

The difference is like a baptism with holy water compared to taking a bath in gatorade.
>>
>>2454575

wow you are a fucking retard. nevermind.

>durr explanation?
>hurdurr matter of taste
>urruruhdrur don't get it? too bad
>muh rdudurunalogy
>hurrrr
>>
>>2451512
Holy shit that painting is unnerving
>>
File: joshreames.jpg (138 KB, 608x689) Image search: [Google]
joshreames.jpg
138 KB, 608x689
>>2452812
how about making paintings to look like digital
>>
File: brushes.png (516 KB, 1492x828) Image search: [Google]
brushes.png
516 KB, 1492x828
Op here, these are my brushes.
What could i change to make them more painterly?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.