[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys ever known or personally dealt with an artist who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Have you guys ever known or personally dealt with an artist who has gotten work in the past (and is semi-popular) but ultimately is mediocre/sucks?

This person I know got a great gig awhile ago but now their art is constantly rejected when they apply to jobs because they stuck to 'muh style' instead of learning fundamentals. Part of me just wants to not tell them to improve, get really fucking good and then get a job and/or become popular myself and show them up. The other part feels like I should tell them but I feel like if I do it'll just end badly. Honestly it always pisses me off when I see a mediocre artist do well but in this case I have known the person for quite some time and they're in a bad spot. What would you do?
>>
>muscles going over a breast
keke
>>
>>2446797
that perspective on the abs, that perspective on the shoulder blade, wtf is happening at the neck?
>>
>>2446805
>>2446798
mfw The picture is more popular than the topic.
>>
>>2446814
Because the topic is boring.

Everyone knows there are shitty / mediocre artists who find work. Stop being jelly and just focus on your work.
>>
>>2446818

Ofc it will. But probably long after the rest of the developed world. Automation is coming and it's a very real thing.
>>
File: 1133586.jpg (45 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
1133586.jpg
45 KB, 650x434
>>2446797
Literally every working artist for me. i am better than nearly every artist except for Mullins (maybe), and i haven't made a single cent off my work. fml
>>
>>2446839
Post your work. Maybe I hire you.
>>
You gotta pimp your work. Get a website and some business cards, get out there, and shamelessly hand cards out to people you think may be interested.

This works better in larger cities, yes, but it can work.
>>
>>2446818
>jelly
you have to be 18 or older to brows this site.
>>
>>2447265
r u jellymad?
>>
>>2446839
Illastrat?
>>
OP here, the thing is they're no longer getting work. It's nice to see it actually, love seeing them just crumble getting denied from a big company. Like they thought they were the shit and could do work like Jason Kang, lol no. The problem is though, one side wants them to succeed.... So do I confront them? Do you think they'd listen? Tell them they need to get on their fundamentals?
>>
>>2447384
Just do it, man.
Think about it, what do you really have to lose? You're not doing a bad thing, and if he doesn't take your advice you can make fun of that person even more. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.
>>
The industry is about nepotism, not skill. This is how it has always worked.
>>
>>2447384
Do what you like, there's an up and down side to both options. But it's not very nice to take pleasure in your comrades' hardships and wish them ill as a matter of course. Not sure you'll get too far with that outlook in this business where your connections and sometimes your ability to mesh with your coworkers are often necessary elements to achieving success, but hey, what do I know.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.