[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when you guys are drawing for 8 hours a day, what are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
So when you guys are drawing for 8 hours a day, what are you actually drawing? Are you studying and aiming to improve, or just doodling?
>>
File: 1457683168293.jpg (50 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457683168293.jpg
50 KB, 576x1024
i spend my entire day procrastination and telling myself that i'll start doing work tomorrow
>>
>>2445631
I once spent about 1-2 months not drawing a single thing, just looking at alot of tutorials online.
mfw i actually improved significantly
>>
>>2445639
this.

Watching youtube tutorials, listening to podcasts, looking at art actually does help. Shockingly.
>>
>>2445639
>x to doubt.jpeg
>>
I loomis'd all day today, fun with a pencil shit.

I drew a lot but aimlessly, photostudies here and there, quick doodles, etc. It was stressful experience to draw but I still pushed myself through it, smiling through the torture. The only good thing I got from it was taking a pic and sending it to my friends.

I streamed myself drawing on the intuos for my friend and he asked why I didn't construct with shapes. He made me realize that my lack of fundamentals was making my drawing experience totally crippled, so thus after years of trolling /ic/, I finally checked the sticky this morning.
>>
doodling improves your imagination and understanding of interesting shape language among other things you can't learn any other way.
>>
File: muh perspective.jpg (32 KB, 765x420) Image search: [Google]
muh perspective.jpg
32 KB, 765x420
typical workflow

>illustrate something from imagination
Did I fuck it up yet?

>keep going until you fuck up
Ok I fucked up on one or more of the fundamentals..

>Troubleshoot your problem areas
Aw hell, this is gonna take all day...

>textures.com
I don't have enough textures in my art. Everything looks as if it's an untextured plastic mess. What is this, Jimmy Neutron?

>Scott Robertson - How To Draw
My construction was horrible, so the drawing was horrible. The entire drawing looks as if it's trapped in the Phantom Zone. How did I manage to fuck up so horribly holy shit.

>Hampton, Mattesi, and Vilppu
My gesture was spaghetti so the people looked dead. How did I manage to fuck up so horribly holy shit.

>Bridgman, and Hogarth
Ok, so the gesture wasn't the problem.. I just can't stop drawing michelin man.

>0033
I spent like 8 hours trying to construct hands/feet. I need to be able to do this in much less time.

etc.

repeat until make it

also try not to get trapped in the style ghetto.
>inb4 sycra
>>
>>2445975
>also try not to get trapped in the style ghetto.
>>inb4 sycra

What?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.